This a new bug?

Similar things happened to me before, but that was when I holidayed nearly all of my friendlies, i think that its wrong the way that the players get upset with you for something your ass man has said/done and it's like they can't distinguish between matches you manage and matches your ass man takes control of

Similar things happened to me before, but that was when I holidayed nearly all of my friendlies, i think that its wrong the way that the players get upset with you for something your ass man has said/done and it's like they can't distinguish between matches you manage and matches your ass man takes control of

Bingo. Never checked it on FM10 but I did test it on 09 and to put your mind at rest when this happens the underlying mechanic that measures how your players feel about you does not change, the assistant manager's does. Under the hood there are measures for liked and disliked personnel. When this happens the text states the players are unhappy with you but it will be the assistant manager who will have his disliked personnel value changed for whichever players reacted badly

So it is in all honesty either lazy coding as it hasn't been fixed or a decision that the extra coding necessary to change the text output isn't worth the hassle in terms of knock ons. Only the coders know the true answer.

But does it have a knock on effect with the board pressure if they start to think you've "Lost the Dressing room"?

Indeed it does as now 3 players are dismayed by the lack of harmony at the club. All because I went on holiday for one friendly?

I have never seen the 'feels the team aren't getting enough credit' hit so hard until 10.3. I have been on holiday for a month in the middle of the season and this hasn't happened.

This is extremely poor.

similar stuff happens to me, not in new patch tho. When i let assman take friendlies or take press conferences he seems intent on messing up the teams happiness... I just ignore it and praise them thru the press and it seems to cure it.

similar stuff happens to me, not in new patch tho. When i let assman take friendlies or take press conferences he seems intent on messing up the teams happiness... I just ignore it and praise them thru the press and it seems to cure it.

I have seen this happen before the new patch, but not after going on holiday for one friendly.

People have to understand that this isn't an ass man messing up a press conference or me going on holiday in important games, or for more than one game, It was one friendly and the entire squad is ****ed which is now affecting moral of players and they are publicly complaining which in turn will affect the board and my job. This is pre-season, in my first season of 10.3 and it will effect the start of my season as well.

It's ridiculous to be fair and can't be right.

But does it have a knock on effect with the board pressure if they start to think you've "Lost the Dressing room"?

I would assume not because when that particular evaluation is made, if it incorporates your liked/disliked ratings amongst the squad then that value is not affected by your assistant manager giving a crap team talk when in control of a friendly. The underlying value is not affected. It is just a case of the text string output not being refined to reflect what is actually happening under the hood.

The text string says they are unhappy with you but the values that represent the virtual players' reactions/feelings will be altered such that they are unhappy with your assistant, not you.

Does that make sense?

But if the board evaluation calculation only references morale which will be affected, then I guess it would impact on you directly.

EDIT: or as dking already described

That all makes sense to me yes, I was just wandering about the board aspect of things whether that was linked to morale in general or the liked/disliked relationships as you stated. Would be interesting to know actually.... May consider going on holiday a lot less often if thats the case....lol

Archived