The offside decision maker

Sure, by now, any of us that have played the game for a little while, have had decisions go for us and against us, and usually when i have seen these, it has always been noted in the post match comments about the referee.

However just now, i played a game, where the opposition guy was yards offside when he was passed the ball, and scored from that. At the end of 90 mins, the ending match comment was something like " It's a win for (their team), (my team) will feel aggrieved, but (their team) won't mind. Alluding to the decision to let the obviously offside goal stand.

However the post match report said that the referee had a good game. No mention of the usual "allowed a goal when really it should not have stood" or "disallowed a goal when really it shuld have stood"

So we can't even argue post match, because the linesman made the call, and there ain't an option to criticise the linesman :mad:

" It's a win for (their team), (my team) will feel aggrieved, but (their team) won't mind. Alluding to the decision to let the obviously offside goal stand.

Actually I think that sentence doesnt refer to the offside goal. It has to do with who played better/who was favourite to win. (or at least was in 2007)

Anyway thats happened to other people...

Correct, the implication of that comment is that you were unlucky to lose on the balance of play, it hasn't anything to do with controversial decisions though they may have played a part.

Archived