World Class Manager Unemployed

I was playing w/ Besiktas up to 2014. Tried an ultimatum for stadium expansion and sacked as expexted. Won 2 Leagues 2 Cups. Rest of the time finished the League in second place. Every season quarter final for Champs. League, and unemployed for 6 months.

I agree I sacked untimely (in June). What I don't understand is I applied Arsenal. They decide to choose a manager with National rep. after Van Gaal retired; whereas my rep was World Class. Applied Lazio and Lillie and same story. It is strange that a World Class Manager is unemployed for 6 months.

How does AI choose managers?

I was playing w/ Besiktas up to 2014. Tried an ultimatum for stadium expansion and sacked as expexted. Won 2 Leagues 2 Cups. Rest of the time finished the League in second place. Every season quarter final for Champs. League, and unemployed for 6 months.

I agree I sacked untimely (in June). What I don't understand is I applied Arsenal. They decide to choose a manager with National rep. after Van Gaal retired; whereas my rep was World Class. Applied Lazio and Lillie and same story. It is strange that a World Class Manager is unemployed for 6 months.

How does AI choose managers?

Not that strange. How long was Mourinho out of work after Chelski? Sven after most jobs?

Not that strange. How long was Mourinho out of work after Chelski? Sven after most jobs?

I would understand if Arsenal, Lazio and Lillie wouldn't change their managers. Most probably w/ Mourinho case jobs like Arsenal and Lazio wouldn't come along.

They probably don't want a manager who asks for the impossible!!

I ask my board to expand stadium when they play over %95 capacity. I don't think is is unreasonable, if a team plays with %95 capacity.

By the way is it easier to find jobs if you resign rather than get sacked after an ultimatum? cheddar

Hopefully will get a decent offer soon. Up to some point Arsenal and Lazio jobs being declined would be acceptable; if they would have hired a world class manager. However rejecting a world class manager for Lillie is hardly realistic. I was thinking to have more than 1 offer in mid of November, but no offer up to mid of December :-((

Experience? Just because you're world class doesn't mean that you're experience enough for a club like Arsenal.

Arsenal got a manager with a National Rep. Besides I couldn't get Lillie job either. Lets say I am not experienced enough for Arsenal, what about Lillie?

maybe the other managers would come for cheap wages, where as you being a world class manager they probaly feel they can't afford or be cheaper to bring in a lesser known manager

Ok but Lazio or Arsenal don't have any financial worries. On top of it if the wage is problem; they should have offered a contract with the wage they think it is appropriate.

I would understand if there is no decent job opportunities come for a world class manager, but for 6 months no offers to world class manager is a bit strange IMO.

You are probably going to have to go to a midtable club at fist if you want to move to the bigger leagues as you probably don't speak the language in those countries?

Although Lille should still have taken you on...

Finally I got the QPR job after 1,5 years of unemployment. I am happy since I like to develop a team rather than managing a ready to go team. However it is unrealistic IMO to get only QPR job after declaring an interest, and no offers but the QPR after 1,5 year.

I have never had this problem, then again i dont think ive ever been sacked (not that i havent been close i just remembered where the resign button was before it happened) so again i think that makes a massive differance.

I have never had this problem, then again i dont think ive ever been sacked (not that i havent been close i just remembered where the resign button was before it happened) so again i think that makes a massive differance.

I resigned from Bolton after winning the Europa League and finishing 4th in the PL. Reputation was world class so I applied for Liverpool after Rafa was sacked. They chose to go with Stoichkov, who got Villa relegated 2 seasons previous.

Applied at Roma as well, instead they hire a coach I've never heard of with no attributes above 10!

I had good experience as well, started as an American manager with Semi-Pro reputation in England. Took York City from the BSP to Championship with several successive promotions. After this I managed Bolton from rock bottom in January to 15th my first season with them; next season I was projected to finish 18th, grabbed 6th. Season after win Europa League and finish 4th. Reputation went to World Class.

Both of these jobs said I was a leading candidate and that they would be foolish not to consider me. :confused:

Your nationality is also important, I think.

If you're world class manager from Turkey, it's less valued by the Big 5 clubs. Fatih Terim is some kind of example, maybe, as he wasn't very successful with AC Milan.

Again, i think this has a part as i usually try to manage in Scotland, as its where i feel most comfortable, and because im Scottish im usually able to get these jobs, Also Scottish managers have a good reputation in England so i think that helps too.

Well, Mourinho was hardly a good example, because when he left Chelsea, he decided to take the rest of season off. It was his choice and not hardly lack of club offers.

After the season ended he signed with Inter.

Also we cannot forget one important thing, this is computer game and being six month in game out of job it is hardly a good thing. When I bought this game I want to manage a club, not be unnemployed for 6 months.

I didn't think there were a difference between being sacked after an ultimatum and resigning. I thought the other clubs would think my ambition would be higher than the managers (or chairman). It is good to learn, next time I would resign.

Your nationality is also important, I think.

If you're world class manager from Turkey, it's less valued by the Big 5 clubs. Fatih Terim is some kind of example, maybe, as he wasn't very successful with AC Milan.

As I knew this I set my first nationality English and second as Turkish. In Fatih Terim case there were some other thing involved rather than success. As far as I remember he got sacked very early in the season without a loss.

Just because your rep is World Class, doesnt mean your coaching stats are up to standard. You could be the most famous person in the world with the highest rep, but if your man managment and coaching skills werent up to scratch i wouldnt hire you to run my team.

I can't see some of my skills as they are hidden, but my mental stats are:

Club Player Loyalty: 13

Domestic Player Bias:10

Financial Control: 17

Hand on Approach: 19

Squaad Discipline: 13

Tactical Consistency: 14

My Stats:

Won 2 League 4 Cup.

Out of 276 games played W189 D45 L42

Goals scored 634 Conceded 244

I don't think my skills are very bad, but having only 1 offer after a 1,5 year is not very realistic IMO.

You gotta think at the end of the day it could be though. Boards have an idea of who they want to appoint as manager, the type of manager they want to appoint. Whether its hands on approch to personality to popularity. A board knows who and what type of person they want to take thier club forward. I've tested it before, putting my stats up to full, and giving myself world class status and going for the Middlesbrough Job for them to then give it to the assisant, Pendrey.... Then i put someone in charge again, and resigned, and applied again, and then they put Mowbray in charge.

So again its up to the board. If your not the right man, your not the right man.

You gotta think at the end of the day it could be though. Boards have an idea of who they want to appoint as manager, the type of manager they want to appoint. Whether its hands on approch to personality to popularity. A board knows who and what type of person they want to take thier club forward. I've tested it before, putting my stats up to full, and giving myself world class status and going for the Middlesbrough Job for them to then give it to the assisant, Pendrey.... Then i put someone in charge again, and resigned, and applied again, and then they put Mowbray in charge.

So again its up to the board. If your not the right man, your not the right man.

I can understand your point. What I don't understand is I am playing the game with 30 countries actived and most of them with all league details; a world class manager with good stats are unemployed and none of the team boards in 30 countries around 90 leagues (which will add up around 1800 teams I guess) are making an offer. If a world class manager won't receive an offer in 1,5 years; what's the point of putting reputation in a game. I also don't think reputation in game is a cosmetic thing, as it changes with a success.

Archived