So, it seems the reserve squad is there just for the sake of asking for a transfer.

Now maybe it is just my team and players, but at start of season I picked for my 1st squad 1 goalie, 3, central defenders, 4, midfielders, and 3 central attackers. Plus 3 assorted midfielders as subs, since the midfielders tire more than anyone else in FM 2010. And set their ststus to indispensible.

The rest of my players, i put in the reserve side, and set their status as backup.

The only thing ALL of the reserves have ever done since, is request transfer after transfer after transfer, and keep demanding that i play them in the 1st squad.

Hello !! They are RESERVES. Players who may make an appearance once in a blue moon, hence their backup status and reserve squad status.

And i'm currently managing a 7th tier side, so it isnt as if they are all internationals or anything.

When was the last time a club IRL had every player in their reserves keep asking for transfers due to not breaking into the 1st squad ??

Bad thinking on SI's part !!

Even if you are playing 7th tier, imo it's unreasonable to think that you can get by with a squad of 14 players and dump everyone else in the reserves and set them to back up without them moaning, especially as FrazT says if their status was previously higher

I'd have left the squad status' as they are, and kept around 20 players in my first team squad, and set the ones who won't make the match day squad too regurlarly as available for the reserve team, in order to keep their fitness levels up. I find that this is the best way around this issue, the only minor change I'd make is maybe dropping someone to squad rotation, most fringe players find that acceptable

Even if you are playing 7th tier, imo it's unreasonable to think that you can get by with a squad of 14 players and dump everyone else in the reserves and set them to back up without them moaning, especially as FrazT says if their status was previously higher

I'd have left the squad status' as they are, and kept around 20 players in my first team squad, and set the ones who won't make the match day squad too regurlarly as available for the reserve team, in order to keep their fitness levels up. I find that this is the best way around this issue, the only minor change I'd make is maybe dropping someone to squad rotation, most fringe players find that acceptable

Exactly what I do, well near enough.

I keep a 22 man squad with the fringe players still training with the first team and made available for the reserves. My actual reserve team squad is generally made up of players that are too old for the under 18's plus the afore-mentioned players I'm not using on a matchday.

Now maybe it is just my team and players, but at start of season I picked for my 1st squad 1 goalie, 3, central defenders, 4, midfielders, and 3 central attackers. Plus 3 assorted midfielders as subs, since the midfielders tire more than anyone else in FM 2010. And set their ststus to indispensible.

smallest squad i've ever seen, good luck playing the unhappy sods when you get an injury

Archived