Steam stops update at 99%!!!

Has anyone else experienced this? My FM2010 started updating the new 10.3 patch on Steam and everything went well until 99% when it just stops... Every now and then I get it to continue for a second or two but then it stops again... I have tried clicking and un-clicking the automatic update box and looked through the steam forums and done what they said there but still...nothing. Getting a bit frustrated.

Has anyone else experienced this? My FM2010 started updating the new 10.3 patch on Steam and everything went well until 99% when it just stops... Every now and then I get it to continue for a second or two but then it stops again... I have tried clicking and un-clicking the automatic update box and looked through the steam forums and done what they said there but still...nothing. Getting a bit frustrated.

In the Games page right click on FM10, go down the the last tab of the menu, it is called "properties", click on this and go the the far right tab, local game content (or something like that) and on the tab click on the validate button.

This will go through and check all your files to see what is missing and redownload any from the server.

(I am at work so cannot check all the menu options are correct so I might have got the names wrong).

Validation is an essential tool in steam, I have used it twice for FM and once of L4D2 (as well as other games) to fix download issues and games not working properly.

Archived