Players running out wide.

This phenomenon seemed to disappear in 10.2, but it's back with a vengance with this latest patch. Does anybody know how to prevent their strikers from dashing towards the byline? I need my strikers up front, looking to score - not chasing down the corner flag when they could be running towards the goal. This is a problem for me, not just with players who have a PPM of 'moves into channels', but with other strikers without this PPM as well. It's extremely annoying, and destroying my game plan.

(P.S.

My width is only set at two notches higher than the middle, so it shouldn't be resulting in these kind of things.)

Untick roam from position.

It's always been unticked.

The problem is not only that they run out to the sides in anticipation of the ball, but rather it's that when they get the ball they tend to head for the corner flags. They're strikers, for god sakes, what are they going to do from the corner of the pitch? They are meant to be up in front of the goal.

What is their wide play setting? Normal? Moves into channels? Hugs touchline? I would think that you'd want normal.

However consider this, the majority of forwards these days are not restricted to just running down the middle. Look at Rooney and Drogba (just 2 examples), their movements are in no way restricted. Its often just as much about the support coming from midfield and getting in the box.

Yes, I'm using "Normal" - always have been.

However consider this, the majority of forwards these days are not restricted to just running down the middle. Look at Rooney and Drogba (just 2 examples), their movements are in no way restricted. Its often just as much about the support coming from midfield and getting in the box.

I agree, the problem is that they seem to be out on the flanks too much of the time, when I need them up front finishing my moves. Also, even when they are almost through on goal, they sometimes decide to head for the corner. It's puzzling. As for midfield support, theres plenty of that. I play two defensive midfielders on support, two wide midfielders, and an attacking midfielder - 5 players supporting my two strikers in all.

My striker always runs wide. I like it sometimes since they tend to score 10/10 if they decide to shoot instead of losing 10/10 when they're stright ahead the keeper but sometimes they go way wide which ****es me off.

Try reducing their creative freedom?

Generally a forward will run wide if he's receiving the ball too far away from the centre for him to be able to turn and shoot, and there is no other player waiting in the centre for a pass.

Archived