Teams that you've grown to hate because of FM ?

Well might be too strong a word but have you grown to utterly dislike certain clubs in your FM games just because no matter what position or form they are in they make your life miserable? And you cringe every single time you have to play against them..

That excludes the top teams which are of course hard to do good against, I'm talking about more of like teams that you should be able to beat but for some reason or another you keep screwing up against.

In my Atletico Madrid game I have a few teams that make me feel very uneasy but most notably Athletic Bilbao :mad: I hate these games. They mingle in 13-4 position and yet punish me like a sinner all the time :rolleyes: Before I know it I'm often down to 0:1 or 0:2 with my best team and usually draw or manage to gain a very very lucky victory.

The other team is Olimpique Lyonnas in europe. 10 games 8 wins 1 draw and 1 win for me. They are beasts. It's so hard to play against them it's almost insane..

Cheers!

Strangely, also Bolton. Not that I'm that fond of them in real life, but they do seem to have an annoying habit in turning up in the 5th or 6th round of the FA Cup against me, or similar stages in the League Cup. Those games are always a pain.

Oddly enough, I'm a Tottenham fan, but in the game i hate Tottenham. They're so over rated in the game, and they always win against me! I haven't taken over as Tottenham myself because of this, it makes me not manage in England too. The best part of my Leeds save was making the team strong enough to go on a four year unbeaten run against Spurs :D that was really sweet

So yeah, Spurs fan in real life, Spurs hater in FM :D

i've grown to despise palermo (despite being a Sicilian) because they always manage to get a good result against my milan side.

in the premier league, i'm not a big fan on tottenham because of crouch and how he always scores against my west ham side. i hate man. united as well, but i've always hated man. united :D

Bath. They always manage to beat my non-league teams either in a playoff or end a winning run or just stomp all over my team at least once in the league.

Manchester City. Just a general 'meh' because of the money that they get. If they could build teams they would be close to invincible in the game.

Manchester United. Just out of principle.

Hamburg. Still haven't forgiven them for tempting me away from Palermo in my last long-term career game and presenting me with a fairy tale rendition of their accounts to get me to go there.

Real Betis.

No mather what team i am, in what competition i meet them, i strugle. I bet my record in the last 100 games against them must be 1 win, 49 draw and 50 loss. I just cant beat that team. And its been that way since CM:(

Ipswich

Inside FM a team made of a bunch of rich and lucky ladies that constantly drop from Premier and go back to Premier just to sabotage my dream of being promoted to Premier, since FM09 BTW :mad:

Aston Villa - OK not quite a 'small' team but on my Arsenal save i just cannot seem to beat them, even at home. This patch i have now even resorted to signing Gabby to see if that helps.

Also i struggle against all Spanish teams i come across in European Competition that frustrates the life out of me.

Man City - they always buy crap players (on 10.2 patch) who have a rating of 6.0 most of the season and Bellamy has had a goal drought for about 500 mins of football. He and said crap players always manage to score against me, and Given turns into superman in between the sticks.

Barcelona - always get them in the quarters of the CL and ALWAYS lose home and away games to them. They then go on to lose against a much worse team in the next round!

3 teams for me:

Man City for constantly, constantly unsettling my players.

AC Milan for the time they gazumped me on my all major planned summer signings one season.

Wolves, for always being better than the sum of their parts and beating me, regardless of what I try.

Man City because of their spending power, even though it's easy enough to get rich, I still don't like spending a lot of money, they do.. oh they sure do.. bastards.

Seville, I already disliked them before FM 2010, but they denied me of about 5 CL/Europa titles, mostly qtr finals, to add insult to injury, they tend to buy my former players and use them against me, they tend to score too..

I'm currently Arsenal, after managing Seville nonetheless...

Chelsea, Cech is like a wall infront of goal :\

Burnley, Fletcher always seems to score

Wolves, Ebans-Blake or w.e his name is surely carnt be that good :D

Oh and often Aston Villa as Agbonlahor is impossible to catch!

Eastbourne Boro. I've been having problems with them for years - doesn't matter if they're fighting for automatic promotion or avoiding relegation, if I could bet on FM matches then I'd never bet on my LLM team (whoever it may be) to get all 3 points against Eastbourne. They're the only bloody team in the BSN/BSS that I'm never confident about facing.

PSNI

They were ALWAYS my bogey team in my old Queens University Belfast savegame. I could romp the league and win the cup effortlessly, but guarantee both my league defeats would be to PSNI.

I had a career with QUB as well on FM08, was great fun. PSNI also had a nasty habit of beating me a lot in our early years despite playing disgracefully in the league themselves, but soon we moved out of the Second Division and into the Premier Division eventually, while they never went anywhere. I think they got relegated in about 2014.. no complaints from me seeing them go down! :D

Linfield was always a pain to play against in Northern Ireland, particularly because I sold two of my good players to them, and they then turned out to romp it in against my time. Fortunately, we won the battle more often than not... although they challenged us for the title many a time. Glentoran was the other tough team, although I simply couldn't hate them due to their awesome name.. I nicknamed them Glen-a-tron.. sounds like something out of Transformers. :D

In my recent Scottish First Division save with Inverness, Morton was my bogey team. I didn't really hate them, but they ended up finishing 7th out of 10 and we lost all four games to them, despite winning the league. Was absolutely ridiculous how they would steal penalties against me late in the game... grrrrrr!

Leca, after one of those shock smash and grab victories in a cup semi-final where I was the only top-division side left, when I was in what was then a rare job that went well and where even during those, I had no need for a trophy cabinet. I actually set up a friendly on 09 but as that was with my Ipswich side as one of the consistently largest forces in the game it felt so unsatisfying having an inevitable big win. Hopefully I'll end up getting them in competitive game one of these years and properly get revenge. I suppose it shows the power of FM that this was in 05 and I still hold a grudge over that, probably because they're so obscure (at least from an english point of view, though they're not very big in portugal either) that thats the only experience either in game or irl I've ever had of them.

More recently I suppose I consider Shakhtar and Metalurg ZP (Haven't a hope of remembering or even pronouncing their full name) strong enough rivals to at least dislike then a fair bit (though maybe not hate) even though there hasn't been too much of an on-pitch challenge for a while, as they were the strongest sides when I arrived managing in the Ukraine, and in Shakhtar's case that they always have a budget 2 or 3 times mine in every respect so always present a potential threat.

• 2 weeks later...
Udinese, Juventus, Livorno, Catania, Cagliari, Atalanta, Siena, Marseille, Manchester City and Altetico Madrid

A lot of Italian teams there mate.

I don`t really seem to have a team that i don`t like playing, but i am only a few season into various saves.

Archived