porstmouth

Guest mikeytwigge

they are all money grabbingn lazy players, portsmouth should never have signed these no good players, and should sign only pompey born and bred british players, or even better, local players that give a dam about the club!!

In an ideal world I think that is what all fans would like, for their team to be filled with local talent. Unfortunately unless you play at non-league level then it isn't going to happen.

• 1 month later...
In an ideal world I think that is what all fans would like, for their team to be filled with local talent. Unfortunately unless you play at non-league level then it isn't going to happen.

may as well be havant and waterlooville then :)

We going to wembley, woot woot woot

Utaka isn't even on 62k a week, so I don't know why the Portsmouth researcher hasn't fixed that. He and Peter Storrie have come out multiple times and said he is on around 26k, what some big bonuses.

Still too much for a pumped up David Bellion; all that pace and does nothing at the end of it.

What patch are your Pompey games with? Thinking of starting one.

Utaka isn't even on 62k a week, so I don't know why the Portsmouth researcher hasn't fixed that. He and Peter Storrie have come out multiple times and said he is on around 26k, what some big bonuses.

Do you believe everything Peter Storrie says? ;)

Still too much for a pumped up David Bellion; all that pace and does nothing at the end of it.

What patch are your Pompey games with? Thinking of starting one.

Not particularly fun starting as Portsmouth as the media prediction and expectation is a safe mid table finish - which is too great an expectation in my opinion, what with the constraints you'll find yourself under.

I think starting as ortsmouth would be far more enjoyable if the expectation was to attempt/avoid relegation.

Mid-table finish is ludicrous really what with all that as gone on.

This is an example of where the game is broken.

It has the expectations they (possibly) had at the START of the season - whereas the game has updated up until December where they were well in trouble.

So you get the start of season expectations but have all of the woes and trouble they have now to contend with!

The expectations should be amended as necessary!

I agree with DP, it's stupid to have an expectation when they weren't in trouble when they are now in severe financial difficulty.

You either keep everything as it was at the beginning of the season or you change everything not just one part.

in fm2011, pompey will be in admin, and relegated, I know you guys want the game to be realistic as possible, but patches are supposed to just patch the game up from bugs. pompey should just start the season as they did. SI cannot please all people. its impossible.

Portsmouth FC are a disgrace. Their own fault for taking out loans they can't afford to pay back, signing players they can't afford etc...

No sympathy for the club whatsoever - only for the fans.

totally agree. a club that was going places under harry. then suddenly, everything turning head over heels. Signing these players i have never heard of, i would love to direct the club and then just get rid of all the hang on people. i would sign people that want to play for the club, not just to get paid.

but its too late. damage is done. hopefully, we wont follow in the same direction as scumhampton

This is an example of where the game is broken.

It has the expectations they (possibly) had at the START of the season - whereas the game has updated up until December where they were well in trouble.

So you get the start of season expectations but have all of the woes and trouble they have now to contend with!

The expectations should be amended as necessary!

I thought that with the way the debt was included, it was designed to hit the club later on in the season rather than immediately, to mimic what had happened in real life.

It may be unfair, but I think it is designed that way to present the same situation the Pompey manager faced.

I thought that with the way the debt was included, it was designed to hit the club later on in the season rather than immediately, to mimic what had happened in real life.

It may be unfair, but I think it is designed that way to present the same situation the Pompey manager faced.

agree with you there matey

Yeah, the current debt on the game is to give the manager around 2 seasons to get things under control, before major debt hits the club. Potentially leaving the club down £50m in the space of 2 months, enough to wreck any relegation fighter.

If you was to get relegated, the task to survive administration would be almost impossible.

I think the Portsmouth researcher (Sheer_Class) has done a fantastic job in the way that he has set up the debt on the game. Makes it a challenge.

How can this be the case though if you have the same players to contend with? And not managing those that have been let go?

It says you should finish in mid table but the resources you have at your disposal (including £0 transfer budget) do not make this challenge very appealing.

How can this be the case though if you have the same players to contend with? And not managing those that have been let go?

It says you should finish in mid table but the resources you have at your disposal (including £0 transfer budget) do not make this challenge very appealing.

The January transfer window wasn't particularly busy for Pompey though, with just Begovic and Kaboul leaving and Rocha, Tosic, Quincy and O'Hara rejoining (I'm bound to have missed someone out here).

The team at the end of the summer transfer window and the winter one weren't really that far apart in my opinion.

Archived