Is it possible to buy a club/be chairman??

Buy fifa manager if you wanna do that, this is football MANAGER not chairman. How flipping boring would that be, set the finances at the start of the season, hire/fire who you like. Bit like what briatorre did at QPR

Hey don't forget the feature to have a wife, get divorced and after a career at two clubs at the top 4 and for england, letting people know that your ga.........rdening leave was due something else, buy a car, sell car, eat, drive....

umm on second thought i think FM is best the way it is and going

Lets get this clear before this thread blows out into people claiming you should be able to use your wages for anything. Football manager covers the job roles of a manager and does a brilliant job of it, there's no need for all that other rubbish.

One hour twenty minutes until some zeroid rolled out the old chestnut "it's Football MANAGER, not Football Chairman"! Who had one hour twenty? One hour twenty anyone? SSSOOOOO original!

To answer the perfectly reasonable question of the OP, the nearest I think you can get is to take over as manager of your chosen club, but let the assistant manager play the purely managerial stuff for you. So, on match day click through to kick-off time then holiday for a day. The assistant/game will then decide the match on the basis of the quality of sqaud/staff you've assembled. Of course, this assumes you have to be the type of chairman that buys all the players and the manager is merely a glorified coach, as is the way in many clubs in contental football.

One hour twenty minutes until some zeroid rolled out the old chestnut "it's Football MANAGER, not Football Chairman"! Who had one hour twenty? One hour twenty anyone? SSSOOOOO original!

To answer the perfectly reasonable question of the OP, the nearest I think you can get is to take over as manager of your chosen club, but let the assistant manager play the purely managerial stuff for you. So, on match day click through to kick-off time then holiday for a day. The assistant/game will then decide the match on the basis of the quality of sqaud/staff you've assembled. Of course, this assumes you have to be the type of chairman that buys all the players and the manager is merely a glorified coach, as is the way in many clubs in contental football.

ummm that sounds kind of pointless doesn't it? Holidaying every game, wheres the fun in that? I mean i know the game is a simulation but thats going too far i can't see how anyone could enjoy playing like that.

ummm that sounds kind of pointless doesn't it? Holidaying every game, wheres the fun in that? I mean i know the game is a simulation but thats going too far i can't see how anyone could enjoy playing like that.

An offshoot in the franchsie, football spectator! Watch games with none of the hassle of managing ;)

Niall Quinn was manager and chairman, its rare especially so in this country, but it certainly can happen. If you look at some of the unrealistic aspects of the game such as managers not doing training, you can certainly argue a case for this feature even if you wouldn't use it.

With managers earning larger wages now, some genuinely will be able to afford it in a few years, and it may become more prominent. One I can think of possibly happening is Tony Pulis with Newport County, its a team close to where he grew up and the team he actually supported, with Stoke in the premiership and the bumped up wages he gets, he did talk about going in once he was done with Stoke - so not as unrealistic as you might think.

There are quite a few people including myself who play this game as a director of football or chairman instead of as a manager. Personally I edit the Asst Manager to manage the matches like I would do. And now I've been editing the chairman as well so we can have better control of finances and get new stadiums more realistically, have the chairman do what I would do. BUt I dont always edit the chairman, but I always edit the Asst Manager.

edit: The reality is that in most clubs thats how it goes. Chelsea... Real Madrid... chairman buys the players, and tells the manager to just win it. I wish there was an option to play more realistically. In older versions of FM the chairman/owner would buy players for you. Like in previous versions Abramovich would buy players for you and say win the CL. But it got removed.

I wish I could play as both Manuel Pellegrini and as Florentino Perez. But due to people that whine "its football manager not football chairman" deny me the realism that this game is suppose to be.

Well as blacksquare touches upon, FM is horribly unrealistic in terms of how the big Spanish clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona go about it. You have the choice over tactics and the starting XI, when it comes to actually signing anyone you have no say in it, not to mention even in the English you now double up as manager and DoF since you negotiate contracts as well with players which is no longer a "managers" job.

It's why I never condemn ideas like this, it would be nice if in the future, it was there for those who want it.

I remember there being a Playsation games, think PS2 and it was all about building a club up to be one of the best in England, pretty much being the Chairman. Unfortunately I forget the name so couldnt point you in it's direction.

Was it Director of Football?

Archived