Selling transfer clauses??

I have been reading through some of the FM fan sites and one of the interesting things I have come across is the "selling/buying" of transfer clauses!

Now if I have understood this right, you can actually raise money by selling any transfer clauses you have on players...i.e. a player sold over 48 months, payments of lets say 100k a month...you can sell this clause to receive the funds quicker??

Has anyone heard of this?? or have I completely mis understood what this means??

here is the link to the article I have been looking at.

http://fmcenter.co.uk/?p=127

I dont think you can request to buy or sell a clause, more a case of if the club decide to you have the option too or not.

To see what ones you can do go to - Transfers -> Clauses then click on the clause with an arrow next to it.

I recently sold a player to Man City with a 25% sell on, three weeks later I noticed that I could sell it for £9m and I only sold him for £5.5m! result in my opinion :cool:

I hadn't noticed this until a friend pointed it out to me around Christmas. The clauses that you can buy or sell have an arrow next to them (in the Transfers>>Clauses screen). This probably only happens in about a quarter of cases and you have to judge whether you're likely to get more by letting the clause run its course.

Archived