January transfers on the new patch

Is it possible to have all of the new players attributes on the new patch but to keep players at their original clubs.

I like to keep all players where they would be at the start of the season as i am starting the game at the start of the season. Is it possible to keep the attributes of the players that have changed/keep the new players???????????

??????????

why do SI insist on ignoring the people each year that want a patch where the Jan transfers are set as future transfers so they actully happen in Jan. I can't see it being that hard for them to do and enough people want it. I really hope they plan to do this for FM11. But then again ive been saying this every year since god knows when

why do SI insist on ignoring the people each year that want a patch where the Jan transfers are set as future transfers so they actully happen in Jan. I can't see it being that hard for them to do and enough people want it. I really hope they plan to do this for FM11. But then again ive been saying this every year since god knows when

Why don't you just start in January? That way - you don't have to worry about it.

why should i have to miss half of a season and have it simulated for me? if im starting a season tryin to win the league/save a club from relegation then my challenge could be over by Jan because of the simulated results. I know not everybody wants the transfers in Jan but quite a lot of people do. Enough for SI to make a 2nd patch anyway for the people that do want it

First off how do you implement Jan transfers? Do they all join on 1st Jan or on the days they actually signed? What do you do about free transfers signed before the Jan transfer window? What about long term loans that were signed during the Jan window?

For me you have the same major problem. Your stuck with a load of players coming in in January that are rubbish and you want to get rid of. The way it is dealt with is the easiest way without putting a lot of extra burden on the researchers who are the ones who actually deal with the transfers. It isn't perfect but then the game deviates from reality within the first week so I live with it.

First off how do you implement Jan transfers? Do they all join on 1st Jan or on the days they actually signed? What do you do about free transfers signed before the Jan transfer window? What about long term loans that were signed during the Jan window?

For me you have the same major problem. Your stuck with a load of players coming in in January that are rubbish and you want to get rid of. The way it is dealt with is the easiest way without putting a lot of extra burden on the researchers who are the ones who actually deal with the transfers. It isn't perfect but then the game deviates from reality within the first week so I live with it.

ok but look at portsmouth. You have no money anyway and it would be a challenge to keep them in the Premier League after half of their squad leaves in January but how the hell are you supposed to do a full season with Portsmouth when all of their best players are gone before you even start the game. At least if they moved in January you would have at least a chance of surviving.

I had edited it myself and done selective transfer, all going thru for Jan 1st, except the end of season loans which I just gave the loaning club the players for the whole season.

The problem however is depending on the size of your player database that you load, I noticed not all the transfers go thru, which might be a reason why SI dont do the January update like this.

I had edited it myself and done selective transfer, all going thru for Jan 1st, except the end of season loans which I just gave the loaning club the players for the whole season.

The problem however is depending on the size of your player database that you load, I noticed not all the transfers go thru, which might be a reason why SI dont do the January update like this.

If there was a problem with doing this and it wasn't possible then fair enough. If somebody from SI comes out and says that its not possible then fine, but it just seems like they dismiss even the possibility of doing this straight away. Why? People have attempted to make future transfer databases before and some have worked.

Whatever a team spends in January, just take that off the clubs starting budget so the transfer goes through. Or they could make an option to not have a transfer budget for the first 2 windows (so thats the whole of the first season).

The implemented the whole allow budget option so that players like myself could play with the real life squad for at least the first half of the season. So if they can do this for the start of the season, why cant they do that for January and have no budget for the first 2 windows (first season).

I really cant see how this would be a problem for them to do to be honest. Ok maybe a bit more time consuming but im sure the people that want this patch would be happy to wait another couple of weeks while they go through the patch and set all the January transfers to future.

After all, SI want this game to be as realistic as possible. Thats probably why they even put the option in about the budget in the first window so not doing this for January is just contradicting themselves.

Like I say, if this isnt possible to do for whatever reason then please somebody from SI tell us so this can stop because every year in January, countless threads are made asking to make them future transfers but nothing clear is ever said either way

why should i have to miss half of a season and have it simulated for me? if im starting a season tryin to win the league/save a club from relegation then my challenge could be over by Jan because of the simulated results. I know not everybody wants the transfers in Jan but quite a lot of people do. Enough for SI to make a 2nd patch anyway for the people that do want it

I was saying to start the game in January - not simulate up to January.

You say you want it realistic so you want the players to move in January but what's realistic about starting a season that is already nearly over? Surely the most realistic route is to start in the present with the updated squads. SI can't input results and fixtures due to licensing issues but we have FMRTE to edit tables, if you want realism.

I'm a sucker for starting out as realistically as possible which is why I do what I said above. I started my latest game with Sheffield Wednesday, started in January and simmed to the date that it was in real life. I then edited the tables to reflect real life. IMO - that is a million times better than starting in June, buying players and then still having players coming in (that I may or may not want).

I was saying to start the game in January - not simulate up to January.

You say you want it realistic so you want the players to move in January but what's realistic about starting a season that is already nearly over? Surely the most realistic route is to start in the present with the updated squads. SI can't input results and fixtures due to licensing issues but we have FMRTE to edit tables, if you want realism.

I'm a sucker for starting out as realistically as possible which is why I do what I said above. I started my latest game with Sheffield Wednesday, started in January and simmed to the date that it was in real life. I then edited the tables to reflect real life. IMO - that is a million times better than starting in June, buying players and then still having players coming in (that I may or may not want).

im not going to buy players in june or january. thats the whole point. I like to play my first season with the correct squad. that is why I dont have budgets in the first window so I have to use my current squad (with the closed season transfers added as they should be). What i am saying is if my team IRL buys players in January, I want them same players to join my club in January so the squad is still the same as IRL for the first season.

I usually play as Man Utd so the Smalling transfer is fine. He's on loan at Fulham for the season so essentially he's a Fulham player for the first season just like real life. Its the other transfers I have issues with. Why should Liverpool get Maxi at the start of the season instead of January? Why should Portsmouth lose all their good players at the start of the season instead of halfway through? Even if I start the game in January, all the players would still have been at the new clubs since the start of the season possibly effecting results for that first half of the season.

All i want is a patch where January transfer happen in January. Same with transfers between the two windows. Make them happen in game roughly the same time as real life say to the nearest month. Asking for the correct date for each transfer is a bit much.

• Administrators

Considering the amount of work and time it would take to do produce another database then at the current moment in time this is something which we are not considering. It would be unfair on our researchers to have them produce two different databases (not to mention that aspect of fair potential for confusion) as well as to test both databases thoroughly. Obviously we provide a data editor with our game which allows users to do this if they want, but because of the lack of demand and headaches this would cause this is very unlikely to happen. Cheers.

Considering the amount of work and time it would take to do produce another database then at the current moment in time this is something which we are not considering. It would be unfair on our researchers to have them produce two different databases (not to mention that aspect of fair potential for confusion) as well as to test both databases thoroughly. Obviously we provide a data editor with our game which allows users to do this if they want, but because of the lack of demand and headaches this would cause this is very unlikely to happen. Cheers.

ok thanks a lot for the reply. Not sure about the lack of demand but I understand about the workload. I really hope its something that may be considered for the future though.

Thankyou

• 2 weeks later...

Because there is enough people like me who like the way it is set up now.

Because there is enough people like me who like the way it is set up now.

well thats fine then isnt it. you already have the game how you want it so whats your point? There are plenty of people like me who want january transfers to happen in january like they are supposed to.

If normal people from the editors forum can make their own databases with them set as future transfers so they happen in Jan then why cant SI. If one person can do it on their own and have it released by the end of the first week of Feb I cant see it being a problem for a small team of people from SI to do it.

I understand the issues with testing it but why not just make it and release it. The people that actually want it can download it and use it which is testing it. If it is a big fail then fair enough. At least it was tried but we'll never know if it doesnt get made. After all its only for one window of transfers so how much could it really mess up the game?

Finances wouldnt be a problem if they made an option not to allow transfers in the first 2 windows. This way you would have the correct squad at the correct times for the whole of the first season.

Archived