transfer bidding is a joke clubs want at least 8 to 10 times player value

Just made 5 bids for players using patch 10.3

one was a player valued at £230,000 but bids were rejected and still wouldn't accept £2.5 million for him

another player value at £3.7 million his club came back with a negotiated bid of £23.4 million

yet they still bid for my players at less than their value

and i thought they were gonna fix this in the new patch

If a club don't want or have to sell a player then why should they? Just because a club comes along with the money he's worth doesn't mean they have to let him go. Sometimes if you want the player you have to pay a premium. My advice deal with it.

Imagine a player you really don't want to get rid of. Valued at $1 million. If someone came in and offered 1.5 mil, wouldn't you probably either A) Reject, not wanting to sell. or B) Ask a ridiculous amount, thinking, "Hey, either they accept and I get paid off, or they don't...and I keep my player."

And most clubs aren't in the financial situation to pay 500% or whatnot..they are looking to fill a position and if a near equal value is rejected, they just move on to another player.

There are plenty of players out there who you can acquire at 25-75% of their value, just have to scout and be persistent..similar to real life. For example, I just purchased a 3.5 star keeper (age 15) valued at $120K for $40K. His stats are already in the green in many things.

I agree with this post to be honest. No club ever bid a good amount for any of my players but yet when i try to sign a player for his value or even more they decline. SI need to find a good balance with transfers still.

I haven't noticed much difference at all with this patch compared to the last patch 10.2.

In all i think the game is a let down, cause it just hasn't got the playabilty factor that previous versions have.

Now I know i'm going to be flamed but I think it needs just a little tweaking not much because it's pretty realistic.

Class players that are bought at reasonable price even in real life have to be chased for a good period of time. You have to comment them on the media, have to put some intrigue into it and be really persistent to get him - even getting on friendly terms with the manager. Then when the transfer window opens your chances will be up!

That's how it goes in real life. Now see this real-world example - Man City were buying players for crazy amounts of money. At one point they were even complaining how clubs are pumping prices especially for them.

You just can't wake up one day and decide today I bid 40 mil. for Aguero and they will sell him right away!

I agree with this post to be honest. No club ever bid a good amount for any of my players but yet when i try to sign a player for his value or even more they decline. SI need to find a good balance with transfers still.

The only thing i would agree with is that its almost impossible to get the high offers you need to buy a player when someone is looking to buy one of your players.

For example getting offered £25million or so for Vidic at Man Utd but if you wanted to replace him with someone just as good you would have to pay alot more.

Just keep on negotiating with the club and you could probably get it down to a better price no?

Teams slap unrealistic price tags on players all the time when there is interest. We did it with Berbatov, paying a thoroughly respectable £11m for him, and then sold him as a 28 y/old for £30 million! Same with Carrick, bought for £3.5mill sold for £18. Worth it? No, neither are. Bolton put a £20mill tag on Cahill, Stoke a £15mill tage on Shawcross and it goes on and on. Obviously the discrepency between 3.7 mill and 23 mill is too much but it's a computer game after all. Does haggling not get the price down alot?

I kind of agree with the people saying that clubs are likely to request inflated prices for their players, but not for all of them, and not to the extent that the AI clubs do currently. However, it does annoy me that AI managers will never agree to pay this much over the value of your players even if they've been in great form or have become one of the best players in the world.

can only agree. The market value should be close to what the market pays to move the player, not twice or more.

but then we adapt to the game, bid players that other AI team have made bid to, or be ready to pay hyper-inflated price. And after a few games, you find out all the players with fair values.

You do have tools to unsettle players, make them want to play for you rather than their current club. Using them is a good way to get the price down to more manageable levels - although it does mean you have to think in advance about who you're going to purchase rather than trying to impulse buy a squad ;)

Archived