Downloading 10.3 onto a memory stick

Download it and put it in your memory stick. Insert it on your laptop. You can run the patch straight from the memory stick or copy it over to your desktop. Double click it . It will extract itself and ask for the FM installation directory(Usually it founds on its own - If not, browse and select it) and click patch. It will update the files . Takes less than 5 minutes or less.

Not sure what I've done but it's not there when I open it.

When I clicked open with I just clicked a FM icon should I have clicked something else?

You need to change the end of the file name to .exe so it's recognised by your computer. Then it'll install on it's own. :thup:

So I save it on my memory stick and then before I open it onto my laptop change it to .exe. Do I do this through properties after right clicking on the file?

Yeah. Drag the icon onto your desktop, right click on it, select 'Properties', change the file name, and double click on the icon.

There are 3 reasons why it can't be recognized.

1. Something happened during the download where the whole thing didn't get downloaded or part of it got corrupted. Delete and download from a different link (or same).

2. You actually do have to change the file extension to .exe (which is rare because you download the file in .exe format)

3. Try right clicking and running as administrator

Archived