TOO unhappy after being relieved of captaincy due to a bug

Made one of my men captain at start of season 1. just before 1st match of season he was injured, so i removed him from 'pkd' and for some reason it also permanently removed him from captaincy even when he was back in the side,and the VC was always listed as being the captain during the match.

So, I went in the team instructions part of the tactics menu. Relieved the man from the captaincy role which it still stated he was captain as, and put someone else in.

Player started moaning like hell that i had removed him. (But i had only done so due to the bug of him never showing as captain during the match). Player got injured for 9 months a few games later, and has done nothing but whine and whine and whine about being stripped of captaincy, even while injured, and now asks for a transfer. He is my BEST player FFS. This has been going on all season long now, it is now march.

Well done SI for having such a nice bug :D

Might not be a bug. Could it be the player is particularly unprofessional?

No, as right at the start of my very 1st season in a created game. I save the game just before the 1st match, so that if I dont go the very 1st season undefeated in the league (tier 7), i can just reload again from the 1st match and try all over again.

It definitely was a bug that showed him never as captain during a match. But in one of my previous attempts, even after removing the captaincy from him I was able to give him back the captaincy as soon as his injury finished. But not on my current save.

Would it be cheating to use the FMRTE and make him happy again, since it was due to a bug that i had to remove the captaincy from him in the first place ???

Thoughts anyone.

A) Where's the bug? It all seems pretty reasonable to me (well moaning for 3 years as happened another poster is a bit excessive).

B) The two positions for captain in the tactics screen are the permanent positions for Captain and V. capthain, so if you remove a player from either postition its frankly your own fault. If a player you don't want is being picked if both your captain and v. captain then just add in an third captain choice of your own.

not every thing is a bug

I believe this one was, as even though he was supposed to be the captain, the captain field showed as blank. So when i filled that blank field with a different player, it was only then, that it said he had been relieved of the captaincy.

Archived