Shortest International Stint!? (Excluding Brazil!)

2nd July 2023, I'm appointed manager of Mexico, just before the Copa America starts.

First game I do let a 2-0 lead slip to draw 2-2 with Paraguay. Okay, not the best start, then second game, I beat hosts Chile 1-0. Other results mean that I have already qualified from my group. Still I have a last game in the group against the weakest side Venezuela. A routine 3-0 victory is recorded.

I continue after the game and to my shock I have been sacked as Mexico manager :confused:

I know my opening result was poor, and the performances weren't outstanding, but I got through the group comfortably. I just think its a little bit stupid and not sure how many international teams would sack thier manager mid competition!

So my Mexico manager stint, 2nd July 2023 - 18th July 2023 :eek:

That's very strange.

I managed Poland Under 21s for a single match once before quitting as I realised I would probably find it a very boring experience but that's different as I left on my own accord, separate to the game's will.

I saw France sack there manager during the World Cup Qualifying Play-Offs, they got beat in the first leg 1-0 away, and the manager was sacked. Seems a bit weird since the manager could easily turn it around on home ground.

They went into the 2nd leg manager-less and won 2-1, qualifying for the World Cup on away goals.

I saw France sack there manager during the World Cup Qualifying Play-Offs, they got beat in the first leg 1-0 away, and the manager was sacked. Seems a bit weird since the manager could easily turn it around on home ground.

They went into the 2nd leg manager-less and won 2-1, qualifying for the World Cup on away goals.

Sounds like a conspiracy, they should have not qualified on away goals.

World Cup 2014, I'd led England through the qualifying, but managed to lose every single group stage game. I quickly ran away to manage Brazil, who'd sacked their manager despite him getting them through their group. I promptly lost to Portugal, before quitting to return to England (who I'm amazed let me back).

My spell as Brazil manager lasted 5 days.

2nd July 2023, I'm appointed manager of Mexico, just before the Copa America starts.

First game I do let a 2-0 lead slip to draw 2-2 with Paraguay. Okay, not the best start, then second game, I beat hosts Chile 1-0. Other results mean that I have already qualified from my group. Still I have a last game in the group against the weakest side Venezuela. A routine 3-0 victory is recorded.

I continue after the game and to my shock I have been sacked as Mexico manager :confused:

I know my opening result was poor, and the performances weren't outstanding, but I got through the group comfortably. I just think its a little bit stupid and not sure how many international teams would sack thier manager mid competition!

Pretty strange, considering a 2-2 draw for Mexico against Paraguay cannot be considered bad, a 1-0 victory against hosts Chile would be considered great, and a 3-0 against Venezuela is fine.

In my game I saw the Brazil manager get sacked in the World Cup Group Stage after winning one and losing one, but with an easy third match that would still leave them as group winners.

Pretty strange, considering a 2-2 draw for Mexico against Paraguay cannot be considered bad, a 1-0 victory against hosts Chile would be considered great, and a 3-0 against Venezuela is fine.

In my game I saw the Brazil manager get sacked in the World Cup Group Stage after winning one and losing one, but with an easy third match that would still leave them as group winners.

If you don't mind my asking, how do you guys even got appointed as national team managers?

In my game, I'm the best manager of south america, I'm listed in the world wide hall of fame, but Brazil keeps appoiting the same manager every time. Once they appointed Ronaldo! Come on!

What do I have to do to have a shot at a national team here?

Thanks!

Once they appointed Ronaldo! Come on!

What's wrong with this? I'd pick Ronaldo over you in a heartbeat :D BUt the joke aside there's nothing strange about this - as if Maradona was the best one to lead Argentina?

If you don't mind my asking, how do you guys even got appointed as national team managers?

In my game, I'm the best manager of south america, I'm listed in the world wide hall of fame, but Brazil keeps appoiting the same manager every time. Once they appointed Ronaldo! Come on!

What do I have to do to have a shot at a national team here?

Thanks!

At least for me, I got the Brazil offer after winning La Liga about 3 times. Maybe you have to manage in a league with a high reputation inside the game? Just guessing though.

Vermundr LOL :p No, I understand that it is not unrealistic - Brazil's current manager is Dunga, Argentina's is Maradona, former player with no manager experience. BUT - I am set as a former international player in the game, AND, it is just a game designed to please the owner :p I mean come on, inside my game's world, I'm the best brazilian manager of all time! That's just stupid :)

Lucho: not sure - I won the Brazilian league 4 times in a row and the Copa Libertadores 5 times in a row. Unless they will only hire European managers, you can't get much higher than that. The game seems to be biased towards the non-player characters!

Also, nobody seems to fire nobody in this game. In all of my seasons, I only got linked with a job ONCE (with Atalanta). I loaded the Argentina, Brazil, Spanish, Italian and English leagues as playable.

bksubs: You are right, that sounds like more than enough credentials to become the manager, unless the current manager was doing an impressive job.

And I agree, during my Real Madrid game, after winning La Liga and Champions League 3 times in a row, I was never even linked to another job. Not once. And Barcelona never sacked their manager even after all those years without winning.

Yeah sounds a bit dodgy but maybe letting that 2-0 lead slip was enough. What were the expectations going into the Copa America?

Lucho: just to bite my tongue a little bit, I was approached by Inter. I just won the Champions League, when Brazil manager was sacked. They went for Ronaldo again.

It seems like former in-game players are taking over the whole world, clubs included. This sucks :(

Archived