Rant about those who rant

Right, here we go. People keep going on like every other game out there has no bugs,,,,,Wrong. No game out there is bug free & we are lucky that SI put so much effort into making the game better with each patch release, people going on that things aren't realistic enough & gues what I will let you into a secret,,,,,,,,,Its a game & not real life so its as real as its gonna get.

SI do their utmost best to deliver a game that works & lets all remember they are fans of the game & play the game like we do, it must be alot more frustrating for them. Can people not just remember this is a game & therefore just play & enjoy, "IT'S NOT REAL". If it wans't for SI we wouldn't have a football manager game that gets to its same level.

SI do an amazing job & so for once get off their backs & say it might not be perfect but hey its a cool game thats gives us hours of entertainment. I dont post on here very much & thats only because I hate all moaners, lets start being positive. WELL DONE SI, YOU GUYS ARE QUALITY & DESERVE ALOT MORE RESPECT, Peace!!

C

Right, here we go. People keep going on like every other game out there has no bugs,,,,,Wrong. No game out there is bug free & we are lucky that SI put so much effort into making the game better with each patch release, people going on that things aren't realistic enough & gues what I will let you into a secret,,,,,,,,,Its a game & not real life so its as real as its gonna get.

SI do their utmost best to deliver a game that works & lets all remember they are fans of the game & play the game like we do, it must be alot more frustrating for them. Can people not just remember this is a game & therefore just play & enjoy, "IT'S NOT REAL". If it wans't for SI we wouldn't have a football manager game that gets to its same level.

SI do an amazing job & so for once get off their backs & say it might not be perfect but hey its a cool game thats gives us hours of entertainment. I dont post on here very much & thats only because I hate all moaners, lets start being positive. WELL DONE SI, YOU GUYS ARE QUALITY & DESERVE ALOT MORE RESPECT, Peace!!

C

In reply : -

1. Not everyone who raises issues do so to have a dig at SI. Issues are raised by forum members and SI avail of same to improve things. Hence, issues are dealt with in patches;

2. SI would inevitably acknowledge that there are issues with the game;

3. The crash defect was incredibly frustrating to those who experienced it. People react in different manner to different "bugs". I don't think anyone expects a game to be bug free. However, SI said FM10's focus was on "polish". Plenty of bugs that have been reported frequently would suggest "polish" was a misnomer. Some felt the game was perfect despite the commonly reported bugs, whether with 10.1 and 10.2. Some might have been far less enthused by SI. People have different opinions - and they are entitled to hold them either way;

4. SI do their best as most people do in any walk of life. Whether they do that for their customers/for your benefit or for market share/profit is for each to decide as they will.

5. People do pay for the game. Some have done for many years. SI should equally be thankful;

6. The real problem on these forums are not those raising issues with the game in a reasonble manner but others more intent (whether through immaturity, personal issues, minsonceptions - whatever) on ensuring such threads are closed by attacking anyone who raises issues and the manner in which the "moderators" deal with such posters.

7. Some feel that 10.3 as released in March is fine, even though the game was paid for in November. Some don't. Some wonder why 10.1, with the emphasis on "polish", was finished or whether the finished article is now 10.3, in March. Some don't.

8. If FM11 is the most bug infested mish mash going, some will still have an annual SI love in, suffer pre-release dementia, defend all bugs with "its your tactics", "it once happened in real life somewhere" "I'm a teenager, I know everything", "my reasoning is beyond you" "you don't understand" and actively condemn anyone raising an issue. This may be because of their own awareness of their own obsession with the game. On the other hand, if FM is the most perfect game of all time, free of bugs and perfect in every way, some will still attack it nonetheless, some who think they are entertaining, some to be different. See 9.

9. Keep the oldest football cliche in mind - "Its all about opinions". Its about what you make of those opinions yourself. But whatever opinions you may have, don't worry about SI - they're doing this for a living. Cash is the bottom line and they obviously are doing very well. More power to them, even if I won't be buying FM11!.

Considering the OP only has 33 posts since Jan 2009, I gather he/she has only been aware of the game a short time and must only login to ackowledge their existence since most posts here comments on errors and mostly do not criticise SI but the methodology behind the organisation. I am happy with the game but I find errors within it so until those are sorted I can only remain happy. As for the bugs, if only SI would release minor patches more frequently rather than a set number then problems would be less commented upon as ppl would await a possible solution in the short-term. Right now 10.3 has problems, maybe minor but these need fixing, if no other patch is brought out how can they be fixed?

I frequent a number of other forums and used to think this set of boards took the biscuit with the rant threads about the game. However they have nothing on the amount of ranters on the Mass Effect 2 forums. Sometimes I think people just need to vent their frustrations about a game and they feel that the only way to do that is to post it in a public forum.

I do agree that we all have a right to voice our opinions about the product that we have spent our hard earned cash on but when a rant thread springs up it's not really constructive. If people just stopped to think about it and then posted their points in a clear and concise way and not just head off into a rant things would be so much better.

People should be allowed to say what they think about the game, or else there's no point having this here discussion outlet. It's unfair to lump everyone who comes on here with a problem into the 'having a dig at SI for the sake of it' group. Though some people do seem to do that.

EDIT:

And this.

I do agree that we all have a right to voice our opinions about the product that we have spent our hard earned cash on but when a rant thread springs up it's not really constructive. If people just stopped to think about it and then posted their points in a clear and concise way and not just head off into a rant things would be so much better.

7. Some feel that 10.3 as released in March is fine, even though the game was paid for in November. Some don't. Some wonder why 10.1, with the emphasis on "polish", was finished or whether the finished article is now 10.3, in March. Some don't.

This has become the norm in the last 3 (perhaps even 4) iterations of FM and I do feel that SI should not be assuming that it is acceptable to have pretty major issues ironed out 4 months after release. Especially as the issues tend to be with the match engine- something that is tested almost year round in FML.

I realise that the game should be released close to the season starting and a March release wouldnt work but SI really should be looking at breaking this pattern.

This has become the norm in the last 3 (perhaps even 4) iterations of FM and I do feel that SI should not be assuming that it is acceptable to have pretty major issues ironed out 4 months after release. Especially as the issues tend to be with the match engine- something that is tested almost year round in FML.

I realise that the game should be released close to the season starting and a March release wouldnt work but SI really should be looking at breaking this pattern.

I totally agree. I had hoped that the pattern over the last few relesaes was to be broken given FM's stated goal of "polish". Instead, the crash defect got the better of me.

There has been an apparent pattern of "ironing out" from release date to February/March of the following year. It may be SI have settled into a comfort zone given a lack of serious competition and take their customers for granted. It may not be that.

10.1 was, in my view, a drastic step back from 9.3, despite assurances of "polish". Hopefully 10.3 will prove to be worth the wait for those who can/do download it. But one can't help but imagine that 11.1 will not be a patch on 11.3, if the past is anything to go by (excuse the pun!).

C

Well said mate

Particularly that last sentence. I know if I was SI, and I made a product of this quality 3 times a year, only for people to not only criticise, but also personally insult me, I wouldn't have carried this on for close to as long as SI have.

Well said mate

Particularly that last sentence. I know if I was SI, and I made a product of this quality 3 times a year, only for people to not only criticise, but also personally insult me, I wouldn't have carried this on for close to as long as SI have.

As far as I know SI is a corporation. They have probably carried on for financial reasons - as most corporations do. I doubt you would consider being a politician? Look at the abuse they absorb!

I have to say that most "Rants" on this board are not constructive, although there are some that do raise good points, but could be put across in a more constructive manner and the threads regularly descend into farcical conspiracy theories such as superkeepers, or SI rig the match engine to give the AI an edge sort of thing and then descend further into a slanging match.

I think some people find something that they believe to be "Askew" with their save and instantly log in to here and post whatever rabble leaves the ends of their fingers and it comes across as having a dig at SI, when if they took time to consider why things may be going wrong or why certain things have happened and rephrased what they are typing then they may be taken more seriously and someone, may it be a mod, another forum user or someone from SI may be able to help them out, especially if they posted in the correct areas, rather than just filling up the general discussion subforum with these threads.

The advice I'd give to anyone is to think before you start a thread venting anger, and try to put across a point in calm constructive manner, Everyone will have frustrations with the game at some point but not everyone starts a thread just to say how "Crap" the game or patch is.

I have to say that most "Rants" on this board are not constructive, although there are some that do raise good points, but could be put across in a more constructive manner and the threads regularly descend into farcical conspiracy theories such as superkeepers, or SI rig the match engine to give the AI an edge sort of thing and then descend further into a slanging match.

I think some people find something that they believe to be "Askew" with their save and instantly log in to here and post whatever rabble leaves the ends of their fingers and it comes across as having a dig at SI, when if they took time to consider why things may be going wrong or why certain things have happened and rephrased what they are typing then they may be taken more seriously and someone, may it be a mod, another forum user or someone from SI may be able to help them out, especially if they posted in the correct areas, rather than just filling up the general discussion subforum with these threads.

The advice I'd give to anyone is to think before you start a thread venting anger, and try to put across a point in calm constructive manner, Everyone will have frustrations with the game at some point but not everyone starts a thread just to say how "Crap" the game or patch is.

/end thread.

Unconstructive rants (no matter who they are aimed at) will be closed.

Archived