10 things the opposition will always do better than you.

OK, you have assembled your truly unbeatable team who should wipe the floor against all opposition, but still, the inferior opposition will always do these 10 things better than your stars :D

1: Score more often with the 1st SOT

2: Score from a corner/free kick.

3: Hang on to a 1 goal lead

4: Come back from 2 or 3 goals down

5: Close your players down instead of just standing and watching them pass it about

6: Hit the back of the net instead of the woodwork

7: Score in stoppage time, particularly after 90 mins.

8: Score an instant reply after conceding a goal

9: Get less disallowed goals

10: Score a thunderbolt from outside the area with lower attributes than your grandmother :D

OFC possibly tongue in cheek, but I do believe that the ME IS slightly weighted towards the opposition, due to the fact that we are more intelligent, can do better tactics, buy better players etc etc. So somewhere down the line the coding NEEDS to give at least some edge to the opposition, however small that edge may be, in order to try and make up for all the areas where it lacks our better intelligence. Otherwise we would win every match we played and where is the fun in that ??

15. Has a player who is on a goal drought and hasn't scored in XXX minutes scores against you with his one SOT whereas your in form striker hits both posts and forces the keeper into some fantastic saves.

15. Has a player who is on a goal drought and hasn't scored in XXX minutes scores against you with his one SOT whereas your in form striker hits both posts and forces the keeper into some fantastic saves.

16: Especially when your goalie hasn't conceded in x minutes :D

22. Anyone carrying an Injury and practically unable to walk. Will find a new lease of life and beat your entire midfield and back four for pace 88 mins in.
Well put :) . The best i've seen was a player who was injured in the 11th minute play the rest of the game and had a blinder every time he touched the ball. Some insane runs that looked like he had the ball in his hands as opposed to his feet and ran through 3 players to score a screamer. Basically the game of his life.

I was bemused to see he had a red cross and his stam was in the red straight after the injury. Then further investigation after the game post press conference, I discover that this superhero had a BROKEN LEG!!! and would be out for up to three months. Now thats impressive. Not sure if any of the SI lads have ever broken thier leg before. But i'm here to tell you even the most subtle hair line fractures cause immense pain. And the likelyhood of someone being able to overcome this with pure enthusiasm is somewhat unlikely.

Look apart from the obvious bug its a fantastic game. All the above comments pertain to what is commonly known in the indusrty as catch up logic. As the OP said if it wasnt in the game we would dominate all the time. And yes that would be very boring after a while.

This.

16: Especially when your goalie hasn't conceded in x minutes :D

And this.

OK, you have assembled your truly unbeatable team who should wipe the floor against all opposition, but still, the inferior opposition will always do these 10 things better than your stars :D

1: Score more often with the 1st SOT

2: Score from a corner/free kick.

3: Hang on to a 1 goal lead

4: Come back from 2 or 3 goals down

5: Close your players down instead of just standing and watching them pass it about

6: Hit the back of the net instead of the woodwork

7: Score in stoppage time, particularly after 90 mins.

8: Score an instant reply after conceding a goal

9: Get less disallowed goals

10: Score a thunderbolt from outside the area with lower attributes than your grandmother :D

OFC possibly tongue in cheek, but I do believe that the ME IS slightly weighted towards the opposition, due to the fact that we are more intelligent, can do better tactics, buy better players etc etc. So somewhere down the line the coding NEEDS to give at least some edge to the opposition, however small that edge may be, in order to try and make up for all the areas where it lacks our better intelligence. Otherwise we would win every match we played and where is the fun in that ??

It is both ironic and hylarious but every single point is DAMNED TRUE !!!! :mad:

Archived