People say nothings changed for Pompey...

then this happens...

League Cup 2nd Round, Leeds v Portsmouth, (Im Newcastle Manager)

Full time score: Leeds 5 - 0 Pompey...

I say things are looking bad for them :)

PS: Sorry no screenshot, my laptop doesnt let me do them, everytime I've tried its failed miserable

then this happens...

PS: Sorry no screenshot, my laptop doesnt let me do them, everytime I've tried its failed miserable

They are just getting back for when we beat them 6-1 in there last year in the Premiership ;)

But Portsmouth's finances have changed in game as well, making it a lot harder.

HAHA i remember that game being sat in the Fratton End and seeing the ginger ninja score (Hayden Foxe) lol

It was a game that is always stuck in my head tbf :thup: Can never forget it!

then this happens...

It won't do them on my laptop either (Dell Studio) when running the game normally, but in windowed mode it takes them fine. Very weird!

I was(and still am) living in leeds when we beat then 6-1....wasn't very popular that night in my local I can tell you...

But conicidently I was working in Leyton when we lost to Leyton Orient 4-1 so I took a hell of a ribbing that night I can tell you.

the Man Utd selling 800million worth of bonds!

Come on SI nail them red devils HARD. 9% interest! That MMMUST BE IN!

Liverpool is puny at 150-200million owed to Wachovia and RBS.

But how about Real Madrid? 500million euros to a spanish bank.(though at neglible interest).

Wow, these debts look impressive. Is there any chance of Pompey not going into administration in the game?

Would love to find out as well :D Hence why I started as them!

That is some amount of loans, Would not look forward to taking that job on!!!!

But just on a sidenote, what skin is that?

The skin is Neue2, then go down to post #29 and you will see a download link for my customised version (which I am using in the screenshot, you will also find a screenshot of player profiles in the Neue2 thread as well at post #14).

Would love to find out as well :D Hence why I started as them!

Cool, please, keep us updated on what happens to them after the first season and if you can still manage them after that. Hopefully they don't put the blame on you?

The skin is Neue2, then go down to post #29 and you will see a download link for my customised version (which I am using in the screenshot, you will also find a screenshot of player profiles in the Neue2 thread as well at post #14).

Legend :thup:

Cool, please, keep us updated on what happens to them after the first season and if you can still manage them after that. Hopefully they don't put the blame on you?

Will definitely be managing them for literally as long as I play FM for, I wont stop being Portsmouth :thup:

If I forget about this thread, I will keep everyone updated in the Portsmouth thread in Good Player and Team Guide :thup:

I have started a new game with pompey and the first things I have done is to release all the loan players and put anyone on 20,000 or more on the transfer list. So far I have saved 150,000 pounds per week in wages which puts me under the limit but I have had to promote the reserve players for the moment.

Lost my first friendly to LEEDS 3-0.

I have started a new game with pompey and the first things I have done is to release all the loan players and put anyone on 20,000 or more on the transfer list. So far I have saved 150,000 pounds per week in wages which puts me under the limit but I have had to promote the reserve players for the moment.

Lost my first friendly to LEEDS 3-0.

Nice, I kept Quincy, as he isn't even costing you £2k a week :rolleyes:

Hi, nice skin1 :thup:

How did you get the header to be the teams colour all the way across?

I downloaded the one you posted in the Neue 2 thread here, Is this the correct one?

The header looks like this on my game:

33905930.jpg

Only the left corner at the top is blue, the rest of the header is grey.

Do you know how i can get the header to be like yours?

Or could you send me a new link, if you don't mind. :)

its a bit harsh giving all those debts a month each to pay back, it almost guarantees administration twice i would have thought!

Yep, it won't be easy. I'm playing as them aas well, and I'm not looking forward to December, let alone 2012. To cover the 50 mil going out then, I would probably need to be in CL, lol.

As Pompeyboyz said, you can follow me and the rest of the guys at that thread :thup: But will also check back into this couple times a day!

As you can see, a takeover is rather necissary if you are going to get anywhere.. because in 2012, in the space of 3 months.. you lose £50m, just like that.

With the money you get, and the squad quality you already have, it is going to be hard to win anything to cover that massive loss :(

Only the left corner at the top is blue, the rest of the header is grey.

Do you know how i can get the header to be like yours?

Or could you send me a new link, if you don't mind. :)

Ahh yeah, all you have to do is download the the Neue2 skin itself and add the Neue2 FULL folder into the skins section :thup: You don't want to put the downloaded 'Neue2' folder into there, just the 'Neue2_full'.

Then load up FM as usual and instead of using the normal one, pick Neue2 full and yours should be the same :D

Those debts really are a killer, and Tyoldinho dont forget bout this thread, would love to know ur situation :)

Will not forget don't worry :thup:

I went Portsmouth just last week and played 3/4 a season and got to mid table security. But I am going to start again now with 10.3 it's a challenge and a half buy the looks of things.

10.2 is a hell of a lot easier than 10.3.

I finished 7th and qualified for UEFA cup in my first season as Pompey manager on 10.2, I will be lucky to finish 17th on the new patch.

Ironically Pompey have just been taken over in my Villa Save, which is only in October 2009, and their loan debt has been reduced to only £3.2m.....

WHAT :eek: That is amazing, I hope my takeover is a good'en :)

WHAT :eek: That is amazing, I hope my takeover is a good'en

Yep, some south african guy by the name of Bruce Vandenberg lead a consortium that's taken them over.

pompeytakeover.jpg

Still insecure on the finances screen though:

pompeyfinances.jpg

And this is Nick Cusacks Profile:

nickcusack.jpg

Was Swansea player/manager for a season or so in the early 00's I think. But would you really want to replace Avram with him? lol

Not particularly the best manager I have seen, terrible decision to sack Avram for him.

EDIT: Thanks for the screenshots btw, except you have an old Portsmouth badge :p

Well Avram is still with Pompey into November now so it looks like it may have just been speculation :)

And thats just the badge that came with the pack I'm afraid, the villa one is up to date, so the important things for my save are fine :D

I'll update it though, just for you ;)

:p Yeah you better! Take it you downloaded the megapack like me? Comes with the old badge :(

I am finding some right bargains now, :cool: I am going to build a team of Belarusians and Bulgarians :D

:p Yeah you better! Take it you downloaded the megapack like me? Comes with the old badge :(

I am finding some right bargains now, I am going to build a team of Belarusians and Bulgarians :D

You'll be screwed for season 2 though when you have restrictions in place......even in the championship ;)

I am finding some right bargains now, :cool: I am going to build a team of Belarusians and Bulgarians :D

You would be correct there. Any links to where I can get the new one?

You'll be screwed for season 2 though when you have restrictions in place......even in the championship ;)

When I meant building a team, I meant in-filling with 3-4 new faces on loan :o

You would be correct there. Any links to where I can get the new one?

If you like, I can upload and RAR my Small, Normal, Large & Background Portsmouth logos :)

If you like, I can upload and RAR my Small, Normal, Large & Background Portsmouth logos :)

That would be most helpful....Thanks in advance........

Possibly the most pleasant GD thread I've posted in today......lol

Archived