Patch 10.3 and a whole lot of injuries...

Has anybody else had a rather alarming amount of injuries after starting a new game on 10.3? I haven't gone one game without at least one player suffering knocks that they need to be substituted for. Also a lot of players seem to be injuring team mates during training - I've had one player beat up another one (bruised jaw :p ) Balotelli break Kolarov's foot and another injury lasting 5 weeks.

I am only 6 months in to the first season, so just wondering if anybody else has had similar problems or if I am just having an unlucky season?

(Also - does anybody else find it harder to keep a players condition above 95% after the patch?)

Edit: To save the repeated posts - my training regimes are all medium, three notches below high. I am getting a lot of knocks (cross without requiring sub) in the actual matches, usually 2 or more and always at least one. I understand that in real life players get knocks etc but they don't put the player out of the next game 90% of the time.

On top of the cross without requiring sub knocks, there is normally another knock that doesn't have a cross and about once every 3/4 games a player gets a long term injury (6 weeks or more).

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

Yes the start of my new 4th season has brought many more injuries. More so than the previous 3 seasons.

Quite a few through the training sessions where they have either strained themselves or been in a tackle with a colleague.

I use 2 training types TUG's and another persons (though that is set to heavy for normal players and very heavy for youth), so I will need to adjust the settings.

As they are at the start of the season could be I pushed them too hard and may need to ease back.

Early days but certainly more injuries, mostly from 12days to 3weeks.

I will go back to TUG's as that is not so intense and see what happens.

Will monitor this once I have adjusted training loads,

K..:)

• Administrators

Personally I never have training regimes higher than Medium as I find this causes more injuries. We've tried to keep the 'injury' numbers as in-line as we can with real life based on statistics.

For people getting a lot of injuries:-

1) are you altering the default training regime during pre-season? I find the default setting results in a lot of injuries. My pre-season routine means fewer and they don't last as long, then switching them to training for individual positions about 2 weeks before the start of the season gets them match-sharp.

2) are you treating training matches the same as regular league/cup games? IE, hard tackling, lots of closing down, pushing them hard? I tend to use the same formations but slightly tamer tactics for the first 3-4 pre-season games (usually inferior opposition), subbing off anyone who drops below 70% condition. I step up the intensity for the final 3-4 pre-season games to full-strength tactics.

Really not meaning to wind anyone up here, but there are always a few posts like this on every new patch/version. I don't have these issues, and haven't had them since the out-of-the-box version of FM09. Just a case of tweaking certain aspects of your play.

But also consider: what is a "high" number of injuries. 1st March sees Man U with 7, Arsenal with 6, Bolton with 6, Chelsea with 6. And don't forget the Hammers started with (from memory) 10 players out injured. Two teams (can't remember who) had 8 players out, with half a dozen on 5-6 injuries. Can't remember the exact numbers but I do remember people complaining about injuries, yet in fact when you compared it to real life FM was too LOW in injuries.

I would say starting the season with 4-5-6 injuries is acceptable. But I usually start with fewer.

For people getting a lot of injuries:-

1) are you altering the default training regime during pre-season? I find the default setting results in a lot of injuries. My pre-season routine means fewer and they don't last as long, then switching them to training for individual positions about 2 weeks before the start of the season gets them match-sharp.

2) are you treating training matches the same as regular league/cup games? IE, hard tackling, lots of closing down, pushing them hard? I tend to use the same formations but slightly tamer tactics for the first 3-4 pre-season games (usually inferior opposition), subbing off anyone who drops below 70% condition. I step up the intensity for the final 3-4 pre-season games to full-strength tactics.

Really not meaning to wind anyone up here, but there are always a few posts like this on every new patch/version. I don't have these issues, and haven't had them since the out-of-the-box version of FM09. Just a case of tweaking certain aspects of your play.

But also consider: what is a "high" number of injuries. 1st March sees Man U with 7, Arsenal with 6, Bolton with 6, Chelsea with 6. And don't forget the Hammers started with (from memory) 10 players out injured. Two teams (can't remember who) had 8 players out, with half a dozen on 5-6 injuries. Can't remember the exact numbers but I do remember people complaining about injuries, yet in fact when you compared it to real life FM was too LOW in injuries.

I would say starting the season with 4-5-6 injuries is acceptable. But I usually start with fewer.

I tend to agree with you that things do need looking at re what you do pre-season and post and adjust as necessary. The patch is fine, I just need to lower my training regimes.

Just gives us more of a challenge and stops us getting complacent.

K..:)

I did think that injuries needed be bumped up a bit, just players picking up minor knocks more often and such, it happens very commonly in top flight football

However having just started as Barcelona I'm not impressed that Pique broke his ankle in training in pre-season and Xavi has just been stretchered off. Although it could be coincidence that I've picked up major injuries.

I did think that injuries needed be bumped up a bit, just players picking up minor knocks more often and such, it happens very commonly in top flight football

However having just started as Barcelona I'm not impressed that Pique broke his ankle in training in pre-season and Xavi has just been stretchered off. Although it could be coincidence that I've picked up major injuries.

how many injuries are people getting per game

i've also noticed this

i'm on my third season and in 3 games i had 8 injuries, almost the number i had the entire previous season

back to 10.2 me thinks, cannot be doing with all these injuries, there seems to be alot of problems with 10.3

back to 10.2 me thinks, cannot be doing with all these injuries, there seems to be alot of problems with 10.3

Hahahaha it lasted all of one day.

i've also noticed this

i'm on my third season and in 3 games i had 8 injuries, almost the number i had the entire previous season

See how it is after playing a full season. Getting only 8 injuries all year isn't realistic either. If anything there has never been enough minor injuries in any FM.

Can't believe this haven't been fixed and toned down. I stopped playing 10.2 because of the high number of injuries. Having injured player(s) in every game is kind of annoying.

I never change the training schedules, I always use the default ones and still getting a lot of injuries.

• Administrators
Can't believe this haven't been fixed and toned down. I stopped playing 10.2 because of the high number of injuries. Having injured player(s) in every game is kind of annoying.

I never change the training schedules, I always use the default ones and still getting a lot of injuries.

I'd suggest using your own training regime then. Like has been said a fair few times, we try to make the 'numbers' as true to life as possible.

I have noticed more injuries in my game, both long and short term. But then, i barely ever noticed injuries in 10.2 which, in retrospect, was probably a little odd. Like others have said it is better now then before imo, more realistic.

Although i currently have no fit right midfielders for my Ross County team...

Has SI made any changes from 10.2 to 10.3? Quite simply, instead of saying things like "we try to keep it true to real life", how about just saying if it has been edited from 10.2.

In my first game, I have had 2 injuries and the opposing team had to make 3 subs by half time all due to injuries.

Statistically it may seem right when you do things right, but its a big weird at the moment. Also we do not control the AI side, so what is causing them to lose 3-4 players before half time?

Simple question - simple answer SI, is the injury ratio being slightly increased into 10.3 ? Be honest plz....

thanks

I translate the SI silence as an admission of " YES " we did it.......how much, 25% ?

Too much , people may interpret that as a show stopper IMO

In my first game, I have had 2 injuries and the opposing team had to make 3 subs by half time all due to injuries.

What do you mean by injuries?

Red cross, forced sub? Injured after match?

Green cross?

Loss of condition, no cross?

Even if you did get two red crosses, play another 100 games did you get two every game?

I had 11 of my players out due to injury by september ( 2 of these were already injured from the start of the game though, Nasri and Rosicky ) I lost van Persie for 5 weeks and the Verminator for 7 but the rest were just knocks with players out from 3-6 days. All is fine now though, I just got unlucky as a few got injured on international duty.

I was hoping for more injuries as i felt there werent enough in 10.1 and 2. It now allows us to get more use out of our squad rather than having our best eleven fit all season.

Simple question - simple answer SI, is the injury ratio being slightly increased into 10.3 ? Be honest plz....

thanks

I'd translate the silence as 'we haven't looked in this thread in 20 minutes'. Any sort of increase would be negligible.

Sorry but I'm only harvesting stats and infos because I'm deeply scared of patching, above all cause I feel good with 10.2.

If there has been no increase in the injury ratio I wonder if all these feedbacks are simply sons of the suggestion or if there is a base of truth in between, just wondering.

Sorry for my english I'm not a mothertongue BTW

ok its getting quite concerning now, ive played 5 pre season games, and 6 actually games, and over that time ive had 12 injuries, all in matches. i have a medium training, but also none have occurred in training. i have noticed the injuries have actually been all 3 to 4 weeks, with the 'groin strain' and a 'gashed leg' occurring no less than 9 times out of 12. its not really a moan, because i still understand what a fantastic job SI have done, i just hope this problem is fixed, or hopefully its just my bad luck!

I can't believe how many people don't use their own training regimes and then come on here complaining about how many injuries they have.

I always use my own regimes and never set them above medium, usually they are one notch below high but still medium, and the injuries are at a normal level.

I read a lot of threads regarding injuries and a lot of people seem to use this guy 'TUGS' training. After downloading these schedules I noticed they are not very different to mine and deleted them. In fact his regimes are actually set too high on the intensity levels so this is probably half the problem. SO many people using this training.

Try creating your own at medium or only just at high and then come on here and post your results.

I think the main point is not put on relation the training schedule with the injuries, we would like just to focus on the difference between 10.2 and 10.3 that seems to be scary in terms of injuries, am I right or wrong ?

Whether or not the main point is the difference between the patches or the training regimes, SI have it right. Too many people use regimes which are set to very high or high.

It's common sense that if you set it to high or very high you will get more injuries. This has always been the case in FM07, 08, 09 or 10.

If they have adjusted it then it seems very realistic to me, I am using medium training and get normal or if anything low injury levels. As I said, create your own and then complain....

Whether or not the main point is the difference between the patches or the training regimes, SI have it right. Too many people use regimes which are set to very high or high.

It's common sense that if you set it to high or very high you will get more injuries. This has always been the case in FM07, 08, 09 or 10.

If they have adjusted it then it seems very realistic to me, I am using medium training and get normal or if anything low injury levels. As I said, create your own and then complain....

There is huge difference you forgot, if you reduce training to medium that's fine for me but the whole game changes a lot, in this way your players development will be drastically, drastically reduced, you know what that means ?

Do you have tackling set to hard? What sort of training do you concentrate on? Strength? Aerobic?

If Strength or Aerobic are set more than half way I find this is too high. I set them just above light - about two notches above.

It is specific training regime for each general position with the physical training about half way or lower depending on the position being trained for.

And tackling is on default.

Lower training efforts ( medium ) means your young players will develop at half the speed they do with stronger trainings levels, otherwise trainings would be fake and useless.

I anyway agree heavy training is not to be used of course.

Try setting them just above light. As I said about two notches and see if that helps.

I do that and never struggle with injuries. I wouldn't worry about physical progress of your youngsters on the regime, if they get enough matches they will progress just fine anyway. Players above 22 no worries at all. Also do this for all positions, I guess you have - Def (fb), Def (cb), Mid (df), Mid (at), Str - or something like that...those are the only regimes I find I need.

With the intensity you are losing from strength and aerobics you can get back by adding technical training which will benefit all your players anyway.

I assume you know how to edit the training and save it etc?

Lower training efforts ( medium ) means your young players will develop at half the speed they do with stronger trainings levels, otherwise trainings would be fake and useless.

I anyway agree heavy training is not to be used of course.

I know, I was being sarcastic.....

Anyway as I said in the above post, if you give your youngsters plenty of matches they will develop just fine. Or you could always loan them out.

Also if you wanted to concentrate on youngsters physical attributes you should give them a separate regime. I'm 30 and I can't do the stuff I used to be able to at 17/18 lol - so I would sustain more injuries if I had to do the same as them.

I know, I was being sarcastic.....

I thought you were, but on a forum you'll never be sure if a guy is seriously speaking or not :)

Anyway as I said in the above post, if you give your youngsters plenty of matches they will develop just fine. Or you could always loan them out.

Also if you wanted to concentrate on youngsters physical attributes you should give them a separate regime. I'm 30 and I can't do the stuff I used to be able to at 17/18 lol - so I would sustain more injuries if I had to do the same as them.

I can understand you but I don't like the concept of playing a different game just for the sake of a patch. Being myself a granny, I am too lazy to deal with a brand new game just in the middle of my shining career :)

with fairly basic facilities but with general schedule and with about 4 months now a summer and 2 league games i haven't notices anything. Try reducing aerobic and strenght training and also your if you have players who are injured a lot try not giveng them pre season schedule

The balance must be found in being MORE injuries but for a less amount of time. As in increasing the probability of minor (3-5 days) injuries.

I have to admit though I loaded my save today with 10.3 and played 1 friendly with Middlesborough. I had the physio messages appear twice, they had 1 player with the green cross icon. But in the end of the day I had no injured players in that game.

But I lost 3-4 during training while the game was processing towards the new season.

I think it's silly to force the game to give you injuries. Doesn't a player's physical stats and training matter? I mean a player that has a lot of strenght, stamina and is trained physicially pretty well shouldnt be as succeptible(sp?) to injuries as some untrained or new signings.

Haven't noticed any change in this area. Seems fine to me. With the exception of pre-season training (my own schedule which is slightly heavy), I never set training schedules above the last notch of "medium" - I think this is the key to avoiding injuries occuring in training.

dear oh dear

people suggesting there is a problem with the game due to the amount of injuries they are getting is beyond ridiculous

its almost like they suggest there is a 'perfect' amount of acceptable injuries or theres a problem with the game?

id recommend rather than deman SI make the game tailored to your liking you use an editor to magically make your players fit again. after all that pretty much what youre asking SI to do...

ok, I do not know how to open a poll but could one of you open a poll asking for opinions on 10.3 and injuries ?

something like

1 ) fair injuries amount into latest patch

2 ) balanced

3 ) too much

4 ) insanely increased

thanks

Archived