Some technical queries

I've already posted in the tech support and got some really good, conculsive answers, but i wanted to ask the players of this game to see what they do.

I have an 6y/o laptop(512GB which i can upgrade to 1GB, 2GHz, unsupportive video card etc), which will only enough to run a very limited save of FM10(All i've played is the demo).

Is there anyone who has been able to get their laptops running above and beyond the call of duty? I came across this device, a 16GB usb flash drive/readyboost enabled, which some people claim makes their laptops and FM10 run much better http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3431735/Play-com-16GB-USB-Flash-Drive-Ready-Boost-Enabled/Product.html

I will upgrade my ram to 1GB, but this will still only run a very limited game so i am told. Doe anyone have any experience of this device or other, or just any suggestions? It's important to me to be able to play a fuller game, perhaps the Premier league > Conference + A major European country like Italy(Serie A > C) and a decent, but by no means huge database of players. I realise i could just buy another machine, but spending £400 to play this game is not on, even though it'll probably be worth it :D

What Operating System are you using?

I was running XP on an ancient works Laptop until December (A Dell whose details I forget, but was at least 5 years old). I did run an application called "Game Booster" from iobit.com, which basically shuts down all unnecessary windows tasks and also restarts them when you have finished playing.

I found it made a fairly decent improvement to the games performance speed, especially considering what a resource whore windows is. I still use it on my new laptop when playing games like WoW, as I see an improvement on Vista with it as well.

Sorry I can not be of more help, I do not have the laptop any more to fire up and check star ratings or even the spec.

Ok so i could buy a new laptop, (Intel Celeron c9000, 2.2GHz, 3GB RAM, intergrated intel mobile 4 series graph card, windows 7) for £275....will this be enough to run a good database, 3-d and multiple countries?

should be fine..........but it is advised you run the recommended set up ;)

Archived