need a definitive answer

I feel I can win the English Premier League with an average team.

How do you win after 20 games? My team shoot to near the top of the league and then, like the flick of a switch, my team always goes into a cataclysmic goal-scoring drought. It's wonder save after wonder save after wonder save from here on in, and my goalie is non-existent. I'm in situation where I can only score if the computer opponent AI scores, but it's only to equalize and then it's back to save of the century again. I've tried resting my players.

Do I just ignore it?

If you post this in the tactic section, I think you will get more answers. As for the question, I wont go into detail on how to solve them here as there simply are not enough information( about your tactical choices, formation, players etc) given to provide any foolproof answers but their are probably several reasons.

- Your players might lack in mental stats ( determination, work rate, team work)

- Your players might be complacent

- The players might be out of form

- The players might be exhausted

But the biggest reasons is probably that once teams equal and better than your team start playing more cautious and with more men behind the ball as they now are considering you a bigger threat, your side simply does not have the skill to break them down.

But as said, in most cases its a combination of all these things, just like in real life

I think I could win the league with say Newcastle (second season) if I can just find out how to stop my team fom hitting bad form as soon as I hit 20 games. As soon as I hit 20 games, my strikers miss easy chances and my goalie keeps making at least 1 dumb mistake every game.

I think I could win the league with say Newcastle (second season) if I can just find out how to stop my team fom hitting bad form as soon as I hit 20 games. As soon as I hit 20 games, my strikers miss easy chances and my goalie keeps making at least 1 dumb mistake every game.

The easiest way to see if this is tactic related is to watch an old game when facing and equal opponent in full mode and then compare it to more recent game where you face the same "type" of opponent. Look at how they position them self's when defending. Are they now playing more compact with more men behind the ball, flooding the midfield, keeping possession in their more defensive strata's etc ?. if so, then consider what areas their are to exploit. Should you try keeping possession better yourself, using more of the pitch width ?

The easiest way to see if this is tactic related is to watch an old game when facing and equal opponent in full mode and then compare it to more recent game where you face the same "type" of opponent. Look at how they position them self's when defending. Are they now playing more compact with more men behind the ball, flooding the midfield, keeping possession in their more defensive strata's etc ?. if so, then consider what areas their are to exploit. Should you try keeping possession better yourself, using more of the pitch width ?

At the start of the match I always pick "expect performance" for every player but I heard that can have a negtive affect on your team if you keep picking the same thing at the start.

I'm gunna try changing that a bit.

Your players are probably buckling up under the pressure you are putting them under yes. In the end, you might find yourself with players that have bad moral and unable to handle the pressure. The best way our of this is to decrease the pressure for a couple of weeks by telling them ( the players in that have indeed reacted badly) that there is no pressure.

Your players are probably buckling up under the pressure you are putting them under yes. In the end, you might find yourself with players that have bad moral and unable to handle the pressure. The best way our of this is to decrease the pressure for a couple of weeks by telling them ( the players in that have indeed reacted badly) that there is no pressure.

Another defeat away from home. I looked like winning the league just a just a measly 10 games or so ago. This always happens. I'm fighting near the top of the league (3 points or so in it) until I hit the 20 game mark and then I end up finishing 10th or something. It ends up being a poor season.

3/4 of the way through I do notice a lot of the time I do have an inevitable slump. When you have a well balanced squad be more open to using the rotation players during this time just to freshen things up. Some will step up and do the job for you.

Archived