Celtic way over rated in 10.3

It's not really a specific Data issue is it though - I don't like to look at individual values, it's more a general point. Researchers look at their own team but someone surely has to match that with realisty especially for the final patch when two thirds of the Season has gone.

• SI Staff

Hello deep64blue.

Are there any specific Celtic players who you believe are overrated? By this, I mean that when you play FM2010 10.3, do any particular players score too many goals, or obtain a very high average rating, or are picked ahead of players that they are not as good as IRL?

Obviously if Samaras scores 70 goals in 35 SPL games, and the team notches 150 goals, then there is a problem with overrated Celtic data. I am not aware of any such issue, and in the last test soak of the SPL I ran for 10.3 (in full detail), Celtic finished second to Rangers by seven points, which is a very likely real world scenario. If that is not the case in your savegame, then please do let us know.

One other thing to realise is that Celtic have a number of new players in their squad, signed in January. Those players have not yet been a major factor in Celtic being 10 points behind Rangers in the actual league table.

Archived