What does "Adjusted conversion of negative PA values" mean?

The ranges haven't changed AFAIK, I think it's referred to the algorithm than transforms the minus PA into a fixed one when creating a new game, probably tweaked to cover more range of different pa's.

• SI Staff

Like Stu said, this relates to the code that converts negative PA's into the final value used in the game. The ranges are still the same as they have been, but since those ranges do overlap each other, we adjusted the randomness within those ranges to balance that (ie. towards a more normal distribution within the range).

• SI Staff

In other ranges the chances were adjusted from a more equal system to a more Gaussian system, but -10 range has always been special in this regard and already had similar coding in place earlier to make the very top end of that range rarer.

PA’s which can be generated by the negative numbers, go a something like this (origional source for values was "the away stand" iirc):

* -10 = 170-200

* -9 = 150-180

* -8 = 130-160

* -7 = 110-140

* -6 = 90-120

* -5 = 70-100

* -4 = 50-80

* -3 = 30-60

* -2 = 10-40

* -1 = 0-30

Now if you had an even chance of -10 giving a value from 170-200 and an even chance of -9 giving 150-180 you will get twice as many players in the 170-180 range because both the -9 and -10 are generating it in this range.

So my understanding of this, is the chance of generating a player in the over lap range has been reduced to give a more even spread across all the PA, instead of spikes in the number of players in the overlap range.

Typing that hurt my head, so I hope you all understood what I was trying to explain.

Note: this is all based off what I have read on the forums and is my interpretation.

Archived