FM10 disc after download?!?

Guest DANOG

Guest DANOG

Hey hope someone can help cos I need my dose of FM!!

Have just downloaded Patch 10.3 and I am being told upon starting the game that the disc is not in the drive. I downloaded the game from direct2drive UK and have never had a problem before installing the new update.

Please help!! :D

Did you install the correct patch i.e the patch for digital download and not the patch for fm boxed?

I think i read before that if you install the wrong patch onto a downloaded FM, it asks you to insert the FM disk.

If you have, i think you have to do a re-install but i could be wrong.

I have had this happen to me also. Whilst i do own the boxed version, and therefore the CD, i think it is because i downloaded the patch from direct download rather than from steam, because steam is currently unavailable on my computer.

I have had this happen to me also. Whilst i do own the boxed version, and therefore the CD, i think it is because i downloaded the patch from direct download rather than from steam, because steam is currently unavailable on my computer.

Hang on.

You installed the game through steam, but then downloaded the patch from the website and installed it?

Please do not do this, Steam will update your game automatically you do not have to do this manually.

If steam is allways going to be unavailable on your machine then it may be better for you to uninstall the steam version of the game and then re-install with the boxed version.

• 7 months later...

Archived