Can not start FM10 after patch 10.3 Mac eSellerate version

I have Mac eSellerate version of FM10. After installing patch 10.3 for eSellerate on my iMac24( OSX10.5.8, 4GB Ram, C2D 2.93Ghz), I can not enter the game ever. It always stops at a complete black screen. All I can do is power off iMac and reboot again.

Any suggestion SI?

I have Mac eSellerate version of FM10. After installing patch 10.3 for eSellerate on my iMac24( OSX10.5.8, 4GB Ram, C2D 2.93Ghz), I can not enter the game ever. It always stops at a complete black screen. All I can do is power off iMac and reboot again.

Any suggestion SI?

Sorry you're having problems.

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4455421&postcount=38

Can you check that post and see if anything helps you?

If not it may be worth attempting to uninstall and re-install your game.

If that doesn't help Antpocalypse will be on in the morning and may be able to help, I will let him you about your issue.

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for suggestion guys. But I can not even see the "Let kick racism out of football......" screen, so there is no way I can check the 3D setting. BTW this iMac has a nVidia GTS130 graphic card with 256MB memory. In FM 10.2, it shows 4 star as 3D performance. I really had good time play FM10 with it until patch 10.3.....

How can I keep my save if I would like to reinstall FM10?

Speaking of Mac, I also have a Mac computer which I dont usually play football manager on anyways, BUT when I did install it, I noticed that after the "Lets Kick Racism out of football....." screen it pretty much I dont know how to put this "soft" crashes as it just disappears. Anybody know whats up?

Ok, the latest news is I uninstall FM10 then reinstall 10.3 again. Now I'm sure this problem belongs to patch 10.3 because I have no problem initialize FM until I patch it to 10.3.

And ironically speaking, SI, you might just release a kind of "virus" of OSX. FM10.3 is the only software, I run on OSX, which will crash my system totally. I have to press power bottom to get my system back to work.

• SI Staff

Firstly are you sure you've patched with the eSellerate version? Installing the boxed patch on an eSellerate game and vice verca can cause problems.

If you have installed the correct version however I suggest you do the following:

Firstly delete the 'Sports Interactive' folders from the following locations:

User > Library > Caches

User > Library > Preferences

Now uninstall the game and delete any 'Sports Interactive' folders still remaining in your 'Applications' folder. Now re-install the game (to the default location) and re-patch to 10.3.

Let me know how you get on, thanks :)

Firstly are you sure you've patched with the eSellerate version? Installing the boxed patch on an eSellerate game and vice verca can cause problems.

If you have installed the correct version however I suggest you do the following:

Firstly delete the 'Sports Interactive' folders from the following locations:

User > Library > Caches

User > Library > Preferences

Now uninstall the game and delete any 'Sports Interactive' folders still remaining in your 'Applications' folder. Now re-install the game (to the default location) and re-patch to 10.3.

Let me know how you get on, thanks :)

Thanks for help guys,

1. I'm 100% sure I got the "right" patch. It's "FM2010_v10.3.0_Mac_eSellerate_Patch.dmg" And I did active it with legal serial number.

2. Do as above. But no luck. Same situation, complete black screen after I execute FM10. The most weird thing is I can not even use "comm+opt+esc" key to close it.

• SI Staff

How large is the file size of the patch please? It could be a corrupted download I guess. Would you be able to try re-downloading the patch just in case. If it still suffers the same problem could you try running the game with 'Console' open and post any messages it throws out (Applications > Utilities > Console)

Unfortunately the issue you're experiencing hasn't happened on any of our Macs here in the office or on my home machine either so i'm not sure whats causing it just yet. Many apologies for the troubles you're having though.

How large is the file size of the patch please? It could be a corrupted download I guess. Would you be able to try re-downloading the patch just in case. If it still suffers the same problem could you try running the game with 'Console' open and post any messages it throws out (Applications > Utilities > Console)

Unfortunately the issue you're experiencing hasn't happened on any of our Macs here in the office or on my home machine either so i'm not sure whats causing it just yet. Many apologies for the troubles you're having though.

1. file size 194.9MB (204,401,036 byte).

2. wile I'm re-downloading, would you advise which command should I use to run FM10 in console mode?

im using a boxed retail version on a imac, versions 10.1, 10.2 work fine but now i have installed 10.3 i just get a black screen when i load the game and i have to switch my mac off by the power to restart, i have tried deleting the cache, preferences and re-installing i have definantly downloaded the right patch i have even tried downloading it from a mirror site i have being waiting patiently for this patch to be released please get a fix out quick so i can resume playing

Antpocolypsenow

I think I found the problem which is FM10.3 can not run at full-screen mode on my iMac24!! To check the console message, I start a 10.1 game and set it to run at windows mode. Then patch it to 10.3 and I have no problem running 10.3 ever since.

To confirm it, I set it to full-screen mode again. No surprise, black screen again. Please try to run 10.3 at full screen mode, you might duplicate this issue.

• SI Staff

Thanks for letting us know gate2 and apologies for the inconvenience. We'll have to look into what is causing this though as full-screen mode has been thoroughly tested here in the office with no problems at all, bit of a strange one.

Pablo1983, can you try what gate2 has suggested and see if that helps you, reinstall and start the game, switch it to windowed mode and then patch to 10.3 and see if it works.

for some strange reason after getting the black screen twice and having to switch my 24" imac off at the switch i ran the console program and could't see anything mentioned about fm so i ran fm with console program running and it loaded fine in full screen, i then exited and closed console and reloaded fm and it now works fine, i prefer to run in windowed mode but it will now seems to run ok in either, the only other thing i have noticed is that 3d star rating for matches has gone from 5 star in 10.2 to 2.5 stars now in 10.3

I noticed my 3D star rate down from 4 star to half star in 10.3. But I do not have any performance issue.

Do we have any chance to solve it? I'm annoyed to switch between full-screen and windows mode.

• 2 weeks later...

i can conform that after installing patch 10.3 and when running from startup in fullscreen mode it completely kills my macbook (which i must say is some feat), yet if i were to switch to fullscreen after the game had started up in windowed mode then it works fine but i would have to switch to windowed mode before i exited as trying to start it up again in fullscreen mode it fails every time.

Archived