10.3 Not a Win32 Application

Guest PW

I am trying to download the 10.3 patch but it gets to about 20% (whether I download or save) and it says it is not a Win32 application and comes up with that error.

I don't use torrent as haven't got a way of downloading that type of file and am just using the worthplaying mirror sites.

Anyone got any ideas?

i would try that as i've had the same problem, but I don't know how to extract

when i try to download directly of SI it downloads as a blank application and it doesnt know what to open it with

Same as MN87, I try to download from the official FM site and it doesn't allow me to open the file as it doesn't appear to be a normal .exe format.

Worthplaying appears to be the only site that I can download the boxed version but thats where the errors are coming up.

downloaded it now from the official site, renamed the file with .exe at the end and 'Zip damaged file..............file transfer error' comes up.

I've now downloaded the file again, completely changed the file name putting .exe at the end (rather than leaving the file name and just adding .exe) and its now worked, thanks for the help.

Installed at the fifth time of asking through WinRar. You should not have to add to an archive just to get to the extraction process. Even then the installer is unstable. Errors that came up don't just disappear, but did, which is obviously a contradiction. Aside from all that, SI should be atleast be leaving concise instructions for how to install the patch, however obvious it may seem to the compilers of the patch. That is bad practice imo. Download from the site, the installer should be accessible straight off, simple as. Not just assume everybody will install via Steam and have to be advised to download again or from a different site!!!

Archived