Mega end of season collapse!

Have been playing Football Manager ever since my days on the Amiga 1200 and Domark as the publisher and have never had such a blow up towards the end of the season as I have just managed to oversee with my beloved Arsenal.

To be fair in the league I was always just 3 / 4 points behind the top two (Chelski and Man City) so no surprise to finish third only 2 points off of winning the league.

However in the cups it was looking a different story.

Firstly though in the Champions League I was in a group of death with Ac Milan & Ajax and finished third in the group with 10 points so a little unlucky not to progress given other teams in other groups got through with 8 points, but ended up in the UFEA cup where I progressed to the final, more of that in a minute!

Before that though I got through to the final of the League Cup losing to Chelsea 2 - 1 but still good experience for my young team as it was their first final.

Then nearly at the end of the season (still chasing the league also at this stage) I played the final of the UEFA Cup losing 1 - 0 to Schalke .

Still I still had the final of the FA Cup to look forwards to as my last game of the season, bad news up against Chelsea again and lost 3 - 1 after extra time, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

So there you are I could have won all four trophies and yet managed to end up potless, has anyone else managed to grab such a level of failure from the jaws of success in one season????!!!

PS Mind you as an aside Wigan were relegated from the Premiership in the same season with the following stats:

W 0 D 8 L 30 F 28 A 85 GD - 57

Unlucky. I once was top of the league with everton, last game of the season on level points with man utd and I had +7 goal difference better than man utd, all I had to do was win surely. I did win but so did Man Utd 11-0. Gutted lost the league on GD on the last day.

Have been playing Football Manager ever since my days on the Amiga 1200 and Domark as the publisher and have never had such a blow up towards the end of the season as I have just managed to oversee with my beloved Arsenal.

To be fair in the league I was always just 3 / 4 points behind the top two (Chelski and Man City) so no surprise to finish third only 2 points off of winning the league.

However in the cups it was looking a different story.

Firstly though in the Champions League I was in a group of death with Ac Milan & Ajax and finished third in the group with 10 points so a little unlucky not to progress given other teams in other groups got through with 8 points, but ended up in the UFEA cup where I progressed to the final, more of that in a minute!

Before that though I got through to the final of the League Cup losing to Chelsea 2 - 1 but still good experience for my young team as it was their first final.

Then nearly at the end of the season (still chasing the league also at this stage) I played the final of the UEFA Cup losing 1 - 0 to Schalke .

Still I still had the final of the FA Cup to look forwards to as my last game of the season, bad news up against Chelsea again and lost 3 - 1 after extra time, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

So there you are I could have won all four trophies and yet managed to end up potless, has anyone else managed to grab such a level of failure from the jaws of success in one season????!!!

PS Mind you as an aside Wigan were relegated from the Premiership in the same season with the following stats:

W 0 D 8 L 30 F 28 A 85 GD - 57

Seems about right ;)

Seems about right ;)

Blooming eck Rob Magic 11 -0 thats what I call Fergie Time and taking it to new levels, was the ref letting them play for about 3 hours until they ran up a rugby score??!!!

You are right Roman as Hansen once said 'you win nought with kids' as I found out to my cost!!

Blooming eck Rob Magic 11 -0 thats what I call Fergie Time and taking it to new levels, was the ref letting them play for about 3 hours until they ran up a rugby score??!!!

You are right Roman as Hansen once said 'you win nought with kids' as I found out to my cost!!

my thughts exactly i wonder how many off then where fergie special goals(goals which shoudl not of been goals)

Depends who the opponents are. On my game, Forest are a mid table Championship side who never look like going down but they are hardly setting the division alight either, yet they still beat one of the teams from the bottom of the table (can't remember who - might have been Brighton) 8-0, so I can see how a crap team could easily lose 11-0 to United.

Once got knocked out of the League, FA, and UEFA Cups, all within the space of a week. Still won the league though.

At least you won the league! Mind you its what keeps the game interesting as I am even more determined to win something this year, just won`t be playing Ramsey away at Stoke!! :(

I am keeping going on my original game, but I assume Ramsey would be long term injured if you started a new game on 10.3 or was the data cut before Saturday??

Archived