Steam won't allow me to play 10.2

Steam is messing me around right now.

It automatically updated to 10.3 but I wasn't keen to do this yet so I uninstalled and re-installed, making sure to select 'Do not automatically update'. When I loaded it up it was version 10.3 again. Have uninstalled and am currently re-installing, and this time I'm hoping it won't do it again.

Advice?

Steam is messing me around right now.

It automatically updated to 10.3 but I wasn't keen to do this yet so I uninstalled and re-installed, making sure to select 'Do not automatically update'. When I loaded it up it was version 10.3 again. Have uninstalled and am currently re-installing, and this time I'm hoping it won't do it again.

Advice?

Steam is always updated so advice would be play 10.3

Why do you not want to play 10.3? Do you have the disc, because you could always install and update it yourself. Let me know, thanks.

I don't have the disc and I want it also. How can I get it?

Once you have updated a game on steam you cannot go back to an older version. I wanted to play 10.1 due to not getting along with 10.2 but there was no way to get back playing 10.1 as when steam downloads the game it does so with all updates included.

I contacted the steam expert on these forums and the steam team to try and get around this but there is no way.

10.3 will be a much better patch, theres a million fixes in it, so just stick with that.

If I remember correctly, the way Steam works is that the version you're dl'ing each time is the latest version, already patched. So what you'll end up doing if you uninstall and turn off automatic patching is just DLing whatever the latest version is (in this case 10.3), but not auto-updating, if a 10.4 ever comes out.

If I remember correctly, the way Steam works is that the version you're dl'ing each time is the latest version, already patched. So what you'll end up doing if you uninstall and turn off automatic patching is just DLing whatever the latest version is (in this case 10.3), but not auto-updating, if a 10.4 ever comes out.

Correct. Sadly theres no way around this for the OP

Archived