The Nearly Man

hi all

i brought this game on saturday and am mid way through my 3rd seaon as Nottingham Forest, during my previous season i have notticed that i am becoming the nearly man.

in the first season started in league 1

ldv trophy, got to final played brilliantly in the last minute i had a goal disallowed and los t the game in extra time.

last game of the season, me 1st playing 2nd only need a draw, half time 2 up they come back and score in the last minute to deny me top sport (but still get promoted)

Second season now in chapionship finsch 7th just missing out on play offs on goal difference.

do you have similar tales of woe, orr maybe even advice on how to get players to cope under presure.

hi all

i brought this game on saturday and am mid way through my 3rd seaon as Nottingham Forest, during my previous season i have notticed that i am becoming the nearly man.

ldv trophy, got to final played brilliantly in the last minute i had a goal disallowed and los t the game in extra time.

last game of the season, me 1st playing 2nd only need a draw, half time 2 up they come back and score in the last minute to deny me top sport (but still get promoted)

Second season now in chapionship finsch 7th just missing out on play offs on goal difference.

do you have similar tales of woe, orr maybe even advice on how to get players to cope under presure.

This has happened to me too, in my first fmh game as leicester, was top of the league for the majority of the season (just). Lost my last three games on the trott and finished third. Was 2-0 up at half time in the playoff final, lost 3-2. Most stressful game i have ever played, i was jumping and screaming etc.

Word of advice, i have found that fitness training is the way to go, especially after xmas, especially with the (not to young) midfield players. Im determined not to throw it away at the end of the season again!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mkwone:

hi all

do you have similar tales of woe, orr maybe even advice on how to get players to cope under presure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Similar story here with Forest - first year promoted and LDV Vans winner. First year in Championship a late surge but cn only finish 7th, second season in Champ 7th again after being in the top two for 2/3 of the season. Birmingham sealed 6th place with an 89th minute goal to scrape them a draw against Hull, to make my 4-0 win over Leicester meaningless.

Absolutely gutted.

just finished 3rd season and missed out on profotion in play off finals to birmingham.

not that bad though cos i had an incossitent season but just got some form for the last few games and scraped in at 5th. 4th season and the borad expect a difficult seaon and finances of £1.5 icon_eek.gif

Archived