Serious problem with Patch 10.3

I have posted this in the technical issues forum and posted twice in the patch discussion thread but no one has offered any help what so ever. Since updating to 10.3, I load up FM and get this message 'football manager is running dangerously low on memory and I need to quit and free up some memory. Tried to allocate 3758119946 bytes'. I click on ok and it brings up another message saying 'football manager 2010 has run out of memory and will now quit. Tried to allocate 3758119946 bytes'. Please, pretty please with cherries on top can someone help me. How do I free up memory in order to make it work or is there some kind of work around that I am unaware of? Thanks in advanced.

Hi. Had exactly the same problem using the steam version. Followed the manual deletion guide apart from the game files being deleted from the steam folder, and no longer have the problem. Thanks for your help.

Will

• Administrators
I tried that, but with my luck it done nothing, exactly same problem and now i have a game that doesnt work and to be honest, i am ****ed off. this is the kinda stuff that should have been sorted long before the game was released.

I know you're frustrated (which is why I'll overlook the language), but you have to realise that there are potentially thousands of different setups, we can't physically test on every single type of computer set-up. I would suggest uninstalling FM again, then Steam, then make sure you have deleted the hidden files and folders.

Then re-install it all and see how you get on. I know this is a long process but hopefully this should help. Thanks.

I have a similar problem, steam automatically downloaded 10.3, so i started a new game, when i click on player search i get a crash dump message and it closes down.

so i tried deleting all addional files that i had installed (graphics, fmscout etc..)

uninstalled the game and reinstalled it.

the crash dump error still happens everytime i click player search

also tried that cache thing in steam, still getting the error.

gutted about it, any ideas anyone?

liverpool matey, follow the manual unistallation but before you reinstall it, also manually uninstall steam. this way the updates will be redone and shoul work afterwards. when i only dun game uninstall it didnt work but after doing that and steam uninstall it worked fine, but remember to copy and save files elsewhere.

Archived