Penalty Taking

Is there any way you can increase the chance of your teams penalties going in?

I use Hitzlsperger and Pirlo as my pen takers, with stats of 15 and 20 respectively but have only converted 2 of 5 pens (and 1 was a converted rebound!).

Yet the AI with poorer penalty takers has missed 1 pen in around 4 seasons.

Is there any way you can increase the chance of your teams penalties going in?

I use Hitzlsperger and Pirlo as my pen takers, with stats of 15 and 20 respectively but have only converted 2 of 5 pens (and 1 was a converted rebound!).

Yet the AI with poorer penalty takers has missed 1 pen in around 4 seasons.

even with the latest patch penalties are messed up. i STILL in 5 seasons havent won a penalty shootout and only score about 50% of pens. have people with great stats taking too (aguero and c ronaldo) and its same with my club and country (italy).....so i hate pens!

i have scored around 90 percent of penaltys and won the only 2 shhotouts i have been in. i did buy a leftback purely because he was a briliant FK/corner?penalty taker though. i am in lower leagues btw, could be an isue with the quality of keeper your facing. the ones i play against are poor.

my keeper is amazingtoo which is the strange thing. frey (keeps winning play of year and i only conceded 8 goal ALL of last years EPL...he is great at one on ones).... just get so mad if cant win by end of extra time...seems no point!

I have a player who is a world class striker, but also has 20 in penalty taking.

He has not missed a penalty in 4 years for me, I would guess that is around 30-40 penalties.

If he is injured then things get a bit more hit or miss, In a penalty shoot out I usually score 4 out of the 5.

I would guess that composure and finishing are as important as penalty taking and finishing.

It sounds to me like you've just been pretty unlucky.

Stats such as Finishing and Composure seem to go some way towards helping a successful conversion, but at the end of the day you can always get unlucky more than once and miss.

I would rate composure and finishing as being more important than the penalty taking attribute. I've also found them to be very importand for DFKs, but not quite to the same extent. I generally whip them into the box and get someone to stick their head on it though.

i think mentality may also be important. I had a few players with much better penalty stats than my captain who couldn't convert to save their lives, but when I let my captain take them with a determined personality (but fairly poor pen stats) he burried them all.

Archived