Release FM11 Earlier

Right before you tell me i'm an idiot for this suggestion just give it a read

I think if SI were able to release FM11 for the weekend the Premier League started in August because then all the patches would be brought forward a month or two, for example patch 1 could be released mid september complete with transfer update, patch 2 released November time and finally patch 3 the first week in Feb with transfer update, with bringing the release date forward they still give themselves the same time frame for making patches but I think more people will be pleased that as soon as the Jan transfer window closes they can get the new patch straight away and get on with a career game but SI still have the same amount of time to get the game right by the 3rd patch, also FM will be the first management game on the shelves then and maybe gain a few younger fans or older newbies.

However SI might not have enough time to bring forward the release of FM this year but i'm sure they'd be able to manage it for FM12

Just an idea!

• SI Staff

If the game was to be released in August it would have to be finished with no more changes allowed a month or so before the release date. So that would mean player data from then and very few player pictures and kits with the release.

Not really practical. It's quite a tight turnaround as it is getting all the data together once the transfer window has closed.

hell no - i'd urge them to consider giving it an extra month BEFORE finalising/going gold - how many consecutive versions now have needed at least 2 patches before reaching the sort of high standard we expect from SI. FM10 has been better in that respect than the last few but there are still enough questions about their QA procedures that a month LESS development and in-house testing time could be a disaster

If the game was to be released in August it would have to be finished with no more changes allowed a month or so before the release date. So that would mean player data from then and very few player pictures and kits with the release.

Not really practical. It's quite a tight turnaround as it is getting all the data together once the transfer window has closed.

I actually meant to bring this up in my OP the cut off date for player data could be the in-game start date for example this years would have been 7th July 2009 any transfer that happened after that would not have been included in the original release but included in the 1st patch as part of the transfer update, quite a few people dont like the fact that they have a player on the opening day but there club didnt sign until transfer deadline day.

I said I realised they probably couldnt do it for this years but maybe FM12 or 13, obviously I dont know the ins and outs of the company but thought just moving the months in which you do things maybe an idea as no timescales would change (still take 5 months till 3rd patch) and others fans may like the idea

thanks Ter for your response

but then they would have less then a week to sort out all the transfers that happen on deadline day in jan let alone data issues a bit unrealistic me thinks. of course i would like the game out as quick as possible but try being a bit realistic

Archived