My players are unhappy that I won't let them leave.

Whenever I put in a bid for a player, I always end up having to pay somewhere between 2 and 3 times their estimated value (mainly because I try to buy already established players). However, whenever I get an offer for one of my players its always roughly what he's estimated plus half as much again, e.g. Player estimated at £4mil gets me an offer of £6mil or less. If i try to negotiate to about £10mil (which is about what I'd have to pay for a player estimated at £4mil) the team normally reject it and the player becomes unhappy. It really frustrates me because I'm not rejecting the offer because I don't want to sell him, I'm rejecting because the offer isn't high enough.

Does anyone else have this problem and wish there was some way of telling the player this?

It seems ridiculous that I have to pay so much for players but when I ask that much for mine everyone gets unhappy. Seems like double standards to me.

Also, anyone else have problems with players being unhappy and missing training?

My GK became unhappy because someone put in an offer for him and I wanted more. He missed a training session, I gave him a warning. He said he'd been treated unfairly :/ Then he missed another, so I gave him a warning again and he called unfair treatment again!

He missed a third one so i decided to just let it slide and try and get him happy again, a month or so later he came out with a statement saying he'd forgiven the management and was ready to move on. Then, about a month after that he missed another training session, so I gave him a warning and he said he'd been treated unfairly! So now I'm right back to where I was. Frustrated doesn't even begin to describe how I feel.

Ignore the unfair treatment cries. They will eventually learn - at least thats my experience. If you want them to forgive you quicker keep him off the 1st team for a few matches after he complains.

As for transfers, yes it's something like that. The key is to offer the player to other clubs and set a high asking price (not too high and not too low). For example I had a left back worth 13-4 mil. I offered him for 40 and 10 out of 11 clubs offered me 30 mil. So I take it thats the price he is really worth. However 1 team was foolish enough to offer 41 :D

So just try this and see how it goes for you, it makes a huge difference if you transfer list him or not - but only do if you are 100% hellbent on selling him.

Normally just let them leave.

50% sell on clause included.

I exclude rival clubs and then reject bids from mainstream England, Spain and Italy teams, usually they end up for a middle of the road club in Germany or France. That kind of ensures they'll be sold on again before they hit 30. And I get my money from the 50% sell on.

Had a player that my Captain kept telling me was a disruption and there was contant reports of the two players not getting on.

On the first attempt of a bid by another club (despite me being best club in europe 3 times in a row) the player said he was angry at not being allowed to leave.

So I packed his bags for him.

Have the same problem with my Leeds squad, 3 season back in the top flight (narrowly missing out on Europe twice) & the majority of my squad is wanted by other teams. Some are happy to play even when I turn down offers, then others are just whining about wanting to leave... hasn't affected the morale as a whole yet so not that big of a problem.

I just keep saying "want the club to progress in order to match whoever's ambitions". Works well enough.

Do you set a value for your players in the transfer screen. I typically set it to "decline lower offers" with a price that is 3-4 times the default value. (Depending on how badly I want to keep the player.)

I don't believe I have ever had an offer for a player that was lower than the asking price I set. If someone wants to pay $40 million for Micah Richards, when he's valued at $8.5, I say good luck to them.

I usually end up letting them leave and try and get as much money as possible for them. I just get annoyed because players getting unhappy only seems to happen to me in my game. Example: I was playing as Celtic and in my first season Gary Caldwell was excellent, really solid at the back for me and was estimated at £4.5mil. Arsenal became interested and but in a bid of £6mil, I tried to negotiate to £13mil and they said no, so Caldwell said he was being treated unfairly and not being allowed to move clubs. I ended up selling him for £8.5mil. Shortly afterwards I bought Gareth Bale from Tottenham for £11mil when he was estimated at about £3.5mil. I realise he's young and a good prospect for the future, but I dont really see how I have to pay more for someone who is valued less. When I bid for him I originally bid about £7mil and got told no, he didn't seem to be bothered about not being allowed to move though. This has happened to me loads of times. I fail to see the point of these estimated values if players rarely get sold for an amount anywhere close to them. I personally think it's something SI should sort out, either make estimated vlaues higher or make the bids needed to get them lower.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok I'm now playing with Napoli, and Marek Hamsik want to leave. I offered him to other clubs, and Chelsea makes 18M euro bid. I think it is far far below what I expect. Hamsik is a quality established player and I don't want to sell him, but if I have to do it it must be for a bid at least 30M, cuz I don't see benefit loosing him for less. I can't find any decent replacement for less than 30-35 M. If I don't sell him he would be unhappy, and his morale will be poor forever. Its stupid cuz IRL big clubs spend huge money, and even they don't succeed to sign the player they want, he continues to play with all his heart for his present club. I'm talking about a first team players, that are key to any squad.

P.s Napoli is among Hamsik's favourite clubs, and I'm his favourite person. And he still want's to leave, and being unhappy.

I wish there was of saying something like

"This player signed a 4 year deal and has only been here 6 months... yada yada yada" and stick it to the player to honour their commitments and their contract.

Sick of whinging, I'd love a way to retort to the players to stick it to them.

I'd love to be able to say "If the player doesn't want to play for the club he has 3 years left on his contract and can serve that in the Reserves", hopefully shutting the player up.

If he doesn't shut up then stick in the reserves until he apologises or something.

m8 if he keeps on missing training u have to fine him. I found that if a player keeps on missing training and u dont fine him the team get upset at the lackof dicipline at the club.

Also offer the player out on loan... he's sending bad vibes around the team. Get him out for a while. You can even offer them a leave of absence for a few weeks.

I've actually mentioned this in the wishlist but this is where player interaction could really come into it. I'd personally like an option where I could tell the player why I rejected the bid (too low, want to build the team around him, no backup etc.) and see if I could make him happy again that way.

Equally, and this is more if the bid is a cheeky low one, I'd like the player to be able to "read" the offer and get the hump with the bidding manager because he knows he's worth more than that.

And finally, how did the player find out? The offer was made to me, the manager. Who tells the players these things? I know they have agents and all that but every bid in every division seems to be public knowledge.

it does get annoying when they moan and whinge and complain especially when they've not long signed a new long contract! I just tend to ignore them and if they go crying to the press promise to sell them at the end of the season which usually keeps them off your back.

Archived