How do you get your players to become Coaches ?

I'm in 2011 and i want Sami Hyypia, Robbie Fowler and Rivaldo to become coaches when they retire, all 3 say they would do it when i release a media statement saying they would be ideal coaches, but when i try and offer them a new contract the top bit (player/coach) is greyed out.

What do i do, i dont want them retiring out of the game and me losing them off the database.

Thanks.

oh right, nice 1 mate

Does there have to be certain circumstances for a player to retire ?

For example Rivaldo is nearly 39 and has still not announced his retirement, but he still has decent stats and is currently on loan at Livorno in Serie A (game date is February 2011) and has 12 goals in 28 games which is very good for his age and the team he's loaned to.

Robbie Fowler is 35 but in his last season for Bordeaux he scored 33 goals in 40 games and this season he's currently scored 21 goals in 23 games (he's joining me on a free this summer).

These will not be wanting to retire as they';re playing great i suppose ?

oh right, nice 1 mate

Does there have to be certain circumstances for a player to retire ?

For example Rivaldo is nearly 39 and has still not announced his retirement, but he still has decent stats and is currently on loan at Livorno in Serie A (game date is February 2011) and has 12 goals in 28 games which is very good for his age and the team he's loaned to.

Robbie Fowler is 35 but in his last season for Bordeaux he scored 33 goals in 40 games and this season he's currently scored 21 goals in 23 games (he's joining me on a free this summer).

These will not be wanting to retire as they';re playing great i suppose ?

Right you are. Keeping them backup and not giving them any football will speed up thei rdecision to retire. They could also complain about lack of first team football though.

Important thing is - once you got them to be saying "Definitely will try their hands at coaching" you don't need to keep them as players anymore. Just add them to shortlist to be sure you won't miss the retiring date announcement. Once it happens go and offer them a coach contract.

Edit: Also be sure to offer them new contracts and see if they are willing to be "Backup" players. They usually will and will ask for reduced wages as well. This helped me immensely putting Ribery down from 120 to 60k. Also the backup status will suggest them where to go :D

You have to wait for them to announce that they will retire. Then you will be able to offer them coach positions.

Make sure they are "definitely staying in the game" ;)

They also have to announce that they are taking their coach badges- without them passing these and you getting a message about it, I dont think you can offer a coach position.

Archived