I think I've just done a Keegan!!!

Sitting pretty at the top of the Championship with Middlesbrough 8 straight wins and things looking good.

January transfer window comes along and I decide I need to strengthen with a few backup players.

7!!! players later including Annan and Frutos, I find my self on a losing streak and now sit, at the beginning of March in 4th place only just hanging onto a play off spot!!

I've blown it big time and now I cant seem to string 2 wins together.

Any ideas on how to turn it round???

Start slagging off Sir Alex Ferguson in the media.

I think you need to simply try and grind those wins out the hard way - anything else you can do? If you do win try not changing anyone around to keep those players' forms.

all you can do is not play your new players or only use them as subs to keep the team that took you top and try to get comfortably in the Play offs.

i have done the same thing on my save with Ebbsfleet, i was doing really well and slowly making them from a conference relegation side, to a promotion side, and after the 2nd season of just missing out of the play off's i decided that it was the centre of midfields fault (playing 4-5-1) so i bought in 5 new centre midfielders all for free and kept 3 at the club so i now have 8 good centre midfielders and i am slowly slipping down the league after a strong start to the 3rd season

I had the same problem with Sheff Utd in the Championship. I was unstoppable but then the wheels came off. I found if swapped my tactic from standard to Control or Counter(depending on who I played) I would grind out wins to get the championship./

exact same thing happened to me when recently playing one of the edited databases, unbeaten until january, splashed out 30m on defoe then won 4 games from january til the end of the season, i was furious

I had a similar time with Newcastle. Was doing exceedingly well, very much in the hunt for 4th spot after a great run of results, then had a shuffle in January, and finished 6th, about 10 points behind 4th. Wasn't pleased. I've got my transfers all done in the summer this season, and it's looking promising for the magpies. Shame really that I'm getting a little bored with them, and am eyeing up a national job if one becomes available.

Well you probably upset your squad harmony.

Thats exactly what he's done. Buying players for his team when they are already playing great doesn't sound like a good idea to me, especially when buying SEVEN.

Archived