Contracts

I've put this into the Wishlist thread, but thought it worthy of discussion in the open forum too.

Hope that's ok

Contracts

Firstly - I want the game to stop auto continuing when a players min fee is met and when teams offer a contract to a player whose contract is expiring. I want to be able to counter offer. It should not auto continue.

And

I don't like the current setup of when contracts are expiring. You're told about 3 or 4 of your main players, but unless you check into that other screen about contracts expiring you could miss 2 or 3 other players that don't show up when the Ass Man says "The highest profile players are ...."

Even the layout of this other contract screen is messy and confusing at times. And it's such a long-winded way of offering contracts.

It should be way simpler to offer contracts to multiple players that expiring. It comes up with tick boxes beside each player you want to renew.

Tick the players, continue, then go through each contract negotiation window.

I'd prefer something like the following:

6 months prior to expiration Assistanat Manager requests that the player come into the office to discuss contract.

That way you get each player turning up for contract negotiations, and you're given a screen with:

"Tevez arrives at your office to discuss contract. Tevez has scored 25 times season and features regularly, he's had a 85% shot/goal accuracy and has good form".

Contract offer below

"Wonderkid Ulche Usman has arrived in your office to discuss contract, at 17 he's played 12 first team games and subbed 5 times, average rating of 7.10. Assistant Manager recommends that no wage increase should be offered but a bonus for matches played and performance related bonuses would be best at this time. Assistant Manager notices that Usman has a release clause of 1.2m but is currently valued at 2m and recommends that the release fee should be increased to 10m to deter other teams"

Contract offer below

"Youth player Graham Stack arrives to discuss contract. Graham has struggled to make it in the reserves, he's played 10 times season and only managed a rating of 5.0. Graham has a youth rating of **(silver) and the Assistant Manager does not recommend you offer a new contract"

Contract offer below

And so on.

Ok I got a bit wordy with the description from the ass man.

But I think it would seriously improve the game play, in my opinion.

You can very easily see what players need new contracts in your squad screen. Choose 'contract' from views, or tick 'on long-term deals' in the filter screen. Just three clicks.

I agree that maybe a summary of the player's season (or seasons) would be nice, but most of it is just a clikc away to be honest.

You can very easily see what players need new contracts in your squad screen. Choose 'contract' from views, or tick 'on long-term deals' in the filter screen. Just three clicks.

I agree that maybe a summary of the player's season (or seasons) would be nice, but most of it is just a clikc away to be honest.

I know that. Please do read it again.

I don't like the way it's done. It's very long winded.

Even the

Offer Contract

Submit Contract

Yes

Up news item

Offer Contract

Submit Contract

Yes

Up news item

Offer Contract

Submit Contract

Yes

Up news item

and so on

or doing this 15 times

Right Click

Transfers & Contracts>Offer new contract

*new screen*

Offer Contract

Yes

then next player x 15 times

It's very tedious and just a pain. I can get about 25 contract renewals at a time.

This is what I'd prefer:

Much prefer the assistant manager arranges a contract meeting with the players and staff.

Assistant manage gives you a brief summary of player and then you offer a contract - it then moves automatically onto the contract screen for the next player, quick summary and so on.

That's exactly it. Just reduce the clicks. I play on laptop with trackpad and it's fecking difficult to get around so repetitively.

I find there's such a waste of screen and such a waste of layout it's unbelievable.

If that contract thing was sorted out in the next FM I'd be very happy.

Archived