Eternal Managers ?

I wanted to note this very serious at least for me problem with the game. I don't know if anyone else notices it but it seems to me there are double standarts when you play and when the AI plays.

My main beef here is that I wanted the Bulgaria national job, but for 10 years, yup 10 straight years the manager is the same as the one starting the game. That would've been fine if they were doing good but it's completely opposite - No EU qualification, no WC everything is a fail and yet he retains his job over and over again :confused:

The same goes for Pellegrini in Real Madrid and Guardiola in Barcelona. Although I'm more inclined to agree that clubs are more tolerant nations should not be. Because Madrid and Barca had a few consequent seasons without a trophy anywhere (with my help) and still no firings occur.

At the same time big footballing nations fire all the time even for a slight slip, which is good of course. Just strikes me as odd - how am I supposed to get the Bulgaria job ever if the AI doesn't keep to any requirements they put for the manager.

Problem is, it's not just Bulgaria. Ok in their case a failed qualification would mean the sack - while for clubs I don't know but I had Manchester United mingling in 6-10 position for YEARS with some Mexican manager (Javier Aguirre).

Not to mention every season the available jobs are actually just a handful at end of the year or non-existent in the mid-season. One would expect most managerial changes would occur then be it for a fresh start or just a poor season.

With Atletico I almost got the sack because they wanted me to challenge for the title and reach 1/2 final in CL. I finished 3rd and actually went to the Final of CL and lost and I still had to beg for an extension in order to not get sacked.

At the same time the AI makes really poor seasons with teams that have the same requirements or even better and they keep their job?

That needs fixing.

Its a huge bug. Was playing as Holland all the good regens came from Spain. Played at Spain all good regens from Italy. Played as Italy all good regens from well you get the point.

Same goes for managers. Played as Holland, manager wouldn't get sacked even though he failed to qualify for Euros (finished in 3rd). While with Spain, Emery was in there forever until he left cause he retired or something.

FM10 has one of the most blantly bugs in the series ever. Again lack of competition in this genre has left FM really go down.

Does this happen in FM2010?

FM2009 seems OK. Out of all of the current Premiership managers, David Moyes is still at Everton into season 2015/16 all the rest have moved on or retired. I'm still doing Leeds right from the off & proudly playing in the Premiership. Probably the best manager since Don Revie but still need to prove myself.

So in FM2010, when big clubs having a underachieving season, they retain their managers, right? Even if Real Madrid win La Liga but not the European Cup like they did to Del Bosque?

:rolleyes:

I'm managing Rangers and currently in my 6th season, in those 6 seasons I've denied Celtic at winning a single trophy.

And Tony Mobray is still manager on a 1 year rolling contract he gets extended every year :/

In FM2010? That's wierd.

:confused:

Archived