what is the most amount of players you have either signed/sold/released in one season

Newcastle - I released, Coloccini, Jonas, Eniquire, Barton, Nolan, Butt, Geremi, Smith, lovenkrands, Pancrate and few reserve players about 14 in all - lowering my wages from 680K p/w down to 360K p/w. Adjusted my transfer budget to give me $15M to spend, then brought in 9 new players.

I always cull the squad when I take over a new team. Anyone I don't want or do not intend to ever play is either listed or released, based on financial considerations.

I then only add players I feel have the potential to play for the team, so my squad will grow stronger over time.

I have been known to release most of the youth squad in one click of the mouse, list the vast majority of the reserve squad and relegate and list 20-30% of the first team squad. Over the course of a transfer window that can add up to 30-40 players.

I have also been known, particularly in situations like the one above to buy in 20 players. 3-4 for the first team squad and the rest as potentials, either for the youth team or if too old, for the reserves.

After the first season my signings then are usually 1-2 for the first team with 3-4 out. Fill the numbers with new additions to my youth and reserve squads.

One of my most recently succesful saves was with Bristol Rovers, in which over the course of the first season I sold or released the entire squad and replaced them entirely with free signings. We won back to back promotions to the premier league. I actually spent money for the first time on promotion and actually won the damn thing by the end of the season.

I fully subscribe to the get rid of the dead wood philosophy, wield your 'get lost you are crap' stick liberally and you will be rewarded.

My transfer out for each season is countless with 2 pages every year.Averages abt 30+ per season. On my 4th season halfway with sunderland and the only survivors so far are l.laing and hourihane for club trained registration. Recouping 329m pound thru transfers jus halfway thru the 4th mid season says it all. Did spend a bulk of it on Juan Vargas 26m and Hamsik 31m zapata 19m but they did transform me into a championship team.Finally rewarded with a real fight fir the title at 2nd place jus 1 point behind chelsea and my team having best defensive record.

Archived