How to get the most players?

I don't know to be honest, choosing Large database doesn't seem to have as much impact for me as adding extra leagues does, but you'd just have to experiment really to see what the best combination of db size and/or countries/leagues give you the best performance stars-to-player number ratio really.

It also depends on whether you really want to add leagues you have no interest in just for more player numbers. :)

I myself only have the English league selected with a Large db usually, as I like to keep the speed of the game as fast as possible. It still gives me enough players worldwide and I live without running competitions.

You could try adding players from leagues too, that option may cut down on processing for more players.

I'm just guessing with this, but I would assume adding leagues would slow the game down more than using a bigger database. My logic behind that being that a bigger database adds more players to the game, but adding more leagues gives the game more matches and competitions to process.

But again, that's just off the top of my head; I could be wrong. :)

Archived