Team talks

Just wondering why there is so little thought from Assistant Managers when giving team talks for example I always see what they say first and 95% its "For the fans!" dosent seem to matter about the team you are playing or the type of games ect..

It's because no matter what the name on the door says your ass man will turn out to be an idiot with an IQ gotten by dividng the square root of that of a dead goldfish by the number of people currently living in Shanghai. He is the jkind of person who would need a map to find his bottom in order to use the toilet paper after defecating.

I think it's best to forget about the wordings of every teamtalk; if I understood correctly, teamtalks are basically a means of adding/lowering pressure (and a means of influencing morale, in the case of post-match teamtalks). Depending on the players characters, you should add pressure or lower pressure.

Forget about the sentences you are presented with and just choose whichever seems best for a given player in a given situation.

In your case; I would guess that you have a determined, professional squad. It's best for such a team to add pressure so they're fired up and not playing complacent. 'For the fans' adds a little pressure, so that's probably why the ass man chooses it so much.

I especially like when he goes into "advanced mode" and tries to suggest specific player talks.. Like playing averagely and he gives a team talk of not good enough but a "pleased" to certain players.

True he skips the 7+ ones and gives it to 6 something guys but still he tries :D

I especially like when he goes into "advanced mode" and tries to suggest specific player talks.. Like playing averagely and he gives a team talk of not good enough but a "pleased" to certain players.

True he skips the 7+ ones and gives it to 6 something guys but still he tries :D

Wich is perfectly logical and realistic: some players will react badly to the added pressure of the 'not good enough' teamtalk. As 'pleased' lowers pressure, it's his way of trying to lower the pressure on that player. If you go 'not good enough' on a nervous type, you would risk his motivation going to "playing nervously".

Again; forget about the wording of all the team talk options.

Just think of them as ways of adding/lowering pressure. Get to know your players and then react with adding/lowering pressure depending on the match situation.

The system is actually very good if you think about the mechanic behind the teamtalks.

However, it's very contra-intuitive in its implementation: the wording is too confusing and limited.

Archived