issues i'm having

i am so frustrated at the moment i'm unsure what to do

second premier league season after miraculously surviving relagation, improved the team in all areas, better players in etc BUT...

every single team in the premier league seems to be the same, same formation 4-4-2

all seem to attack with quick flowing direct football, if i do manage to get in to half time winning, they all seem to recieve the greatest half time team talks ever and go on and win,

none of them ever make tactical mistakes that back fire and benefit me.

Resutls so far: W 1-0, (west Brom)8 shots on goal 4 on target, poss 50-50 they had 9 shots 1 on target

L 1-0 (Villa)3 shots on goal 2 on target, poss 53-47 to me, they had 21 shots 10 on target

L 2-0 (spurs) 5 shots on goal, 2 OT, poss 53-47 to me, they had 18 shots 9 OT

D1-1 (che) 7 shots 4 OT, poss 57-43 to them, they had 9 sho, 5 OT

D1-1 (swan) 6 shots 1 OT, poss 56-44 to them, 15 sh with 3 OT

L 2-0 (man c) 6 shots 2 OT, poss 51-49 to me, they had 21 shots 8 OT

my next game is home to sunderland and i dont know how to approach it, if i play defensive they'll win without me scoring, if i play attacking i might score but i'll lose 4-1 i rekon....

watching the match engine is even more depressing! i'm tempted to start a new game as 1 of the big boys to see how it feels to win games......

I found on FM2010, that signing 3 or more players in one transfer window seriously affects your squad harmony and it shows in your results. Also it could be your tactic or change of tactics, Dont play 4-4-2 for game because you lost then play 4-5-1 next game and keep changing. You have to give your team to adapt to your changes, good example being Chelsea with Anchelotti's 4-4-2 diamond with no wingers, where Anchelotti rarely changes his tactic even if he loses or draws.

To be honest that's a pretty tough schedule (except maybe for the swansea game) and most of those teams will have better quality players so are expected to come out on top. What Simon says (no pun intended :D ), give your players some time, try to keep up morale and if then the results don't come you'll perhaps need a different approach.

they all seem to recieve the greatest half time team talks ever and go on and win.

what do you use for your team talk if you are winning at half time. come to think of it, what do you use for your team talk in all situations???

little tip. DONT USE THE 'PLEASED' OPTION. you will always LOSS if you do

what do you use for your team talk if you are winning at half time. come to think of it, what do you use for your team talk in all situations???

I dont find I lose if I say that;)

perhaps its your players:rolleyes:

Not in all cases buddy.

On the rare occasion, it causes your team to show the 'given up' effect.

But I have been drawing 1-1 with a big team, said I was pleased, (was away from home) and took a 3-1 victory, loved it.

its a tough schedule now maybe but not so much in 2018, team talks are something i often ponder over, if i'm winning i am pleased :-) but i dont want the players to give up, on previous FM's i have always told the players i 'expect them to win' every home game against teams in the same league and gone for 'we can win tonight' in away games, i dont particularly like 'pressure is off', dont get complacent is one i pick if possible, but as i mentioned with tactical decisions, why does the opposition managers team talk never back fire? i have 2 tactics i have downloaded via here, and have created a number myself, the number of shots on goal the opposition gets in some games is unreal!

i have just won my last game 3-1 at home to sunderland using a tactic off here, sunderland had somehting like 18 shots 16 on target, SUNDERLAND!!! :confused:

does watching the 3D match engine drive anyone else mad?

my keeper hardly leaving his 6 yard box. getting the ball played back to him, he has time to read the papaer before having to do anything yet he turns and puts it out for a corner?!?!

and i dont want to gewt everyone started on the clear cut one on one chances but OMG! i'm struggling enough without my players inability to put the ball over or go around the keeper, no they wana kick it AT him 4 times a game! but the oppostion seem like experts in this situation

Archived