How many players do you use

I have like to have 25 but that's because I like playing in Spain. I have two for every position in a 4-4-2 and then a few utility players.

LOL i think you got the wrong idea mate i meant how much do you use for the whole game for example i use about 60000 usually i was just wondering how many you guys use but thanks a lot anyway:)

120,000 currently... found this is a great compromise between performance and database size...

How many leagues is that? Or do you load players from other countries. For some reason I never load other players unless it's Brazil or Argentina.

currently its only england loaded leagues wise...

the rest is loaded players ...

i always load all of south america, scandanavia, africa and europe.. and a few others like ukraine russia etc

Does that make any difference to processing times or does the lack of leagues counteract the vast number of players?

Does that make any difference to processing times or does the lack of leagues counteract the vast number of players?

its running fine after 3 seasons .. no slowdown at all.... im on an average to low spec laptop too... and yeah leagues generally clog up processing time and players will only hinder the preliminary loading up of the game...

its running fine after 3 seasons .. no slowdown at all.... im on an average to low spec laptop too... and yeah leagues generally clog up processing time and players will only hinder the preliminary loading up of the game...

so the memmory leak thing must be random as I have a high end machine(3 months old!!!) running less leagues than you .....and cant load a save after half a season:mad:

strange thing is I have played other versions with same amount leagues on old system no probs

re-OP I go for a squad of 20/23 use all ''squad'' type players in reserve games and 70-80% of the time I dont go with a keeper on the bench;)

how many times have you had to change the keeper;)

I have a low spec laptop too, 512mb, soon to be updated to 1024GB, 27GB on the hard drive, 2GHz.....it's about 6yrs old. Would you have any idea what i'd be able to run on this without compromising the speed/performance too much? I don't mind the odd wait for things to load but not in matches or every other click. I'd like to have 2-3 countries loaded. italy, england and perhaps france and players from africa and s america amonmg others

120,000 currently... found this is a great compromise between performance and database size...

Also using 120.000 here, selected all European Leagues (my own package : http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=183972 :p), selected 2 divisions average per nation, with some exceptions.

It's not that fast, but really not too slow for me either, but I like detailed games.

From what I know, View Only will limit the number of players and staff available from those leagues, and I think that also applies to newgens from those same leagues.

My game:

135,000 players

61 leagues from 42 countries

Large database

I usually just use small database with the leagues I load. I tried a larger database but it took so long trawling through seventeen bagillion players looking for talent. I only tend to sign english players anyway so I thought "whats the point?" lol

So I guess in short its about 25,000, but that a guess as I haven't started a game in a while now.

45000. Its a bit slow on an overclocked quad core. According to the game the speed with that setup is rated as three stars. I wanted more active leagues running since view only is a bit rubbish.

So is it worth just running 1 league with all others as view only so you can get the players/regens from them?

If not how do you load just the players only?

I load up one league - it's my custom 10-tier British league with 55 divisions.

Small database but customised [the dropdown box when you start new game] to load up ALL players in UK/Ireland, all international players and players from top European teams (so for me, 30,000 players/staff). Few leagues and loads of players means faster processing. I'm starting in tier 10 in Britain, so regens from the likes of Albania are no use to me, but I want the biggest selection of regens from Britain possible. Also, by loading the top players it keeps things balanced at the level of European and World competition.

Archived