Manager attributes don't change when managing national teams!

I managed Scotland (and still do) and feel I did a great job with them. I got them qualified for the European Championships and despite being given the group (D) of death (Holland, Spain and Germany) I finished 3rd. The board were "very pleased" with my work.

Yet my attributes stay exactly the same and I only get offered pathetic jobs. Surely this is something SI need to work on.

Surely for me performing way above expectations id get offered a great job somewhere, instead I get offered jobs for the likes of Cowdenbeath.

I managed Scotland (and still do) and feel I did a great job with them. I got them qualified for the European Championships and despite being given the group (D) of death (Holland, Spain and Germany) I finished 3rd. The board were "very pleased" with my work.

Yet my attributes stay exactly the same and I only get offered pathetic jobs. Surely this is something SI need to work on.

Surely for me performing way above expectations id get offered a great job somewhere, instead I get offered jobs for the likes of Cowdenbeath.

What jobs you get offered is down to reputation which you can't see within the game, I would presume you chose a low staring point and it rises slowly.

As for your visible attributes most of them aren't relevant for the international side of the game.

What jobs you get offered is down to reputation which you can't see within the game, I would presume you chose a low staring point and it rises slowly.

As for your visible attributes most of them aren't relevant for the international side of the game.

Surely doing a great job for the national team would warrant a high reputation. Alex Mcleash got a job in the premiership without even getting Scotland Qualified. Why does this not seem to be implemented in FM?

managing a national club wont increase your attributes. but it may increase your reputation.

to increase your attributes you need some different things to do .

for example if you make lots of bargain in transfer market, you increase financal handling

or you make lots of changes on tactics in a match you will increase determination or tactical constincly.

like this...

Surely doing a great job for the national team would warrant a high reputation. Alex Mcleash got a job in the premiership without even getting Scotland Qualified. Why does this not seem to be implemented in FM?

That's because he came from a top job (Rangers) where he did well to the Scotland job, so his reputation would have been built up over time. Your situation would be more like Macclesfield's manager Kieth Alexander getting the job, as he hasn't built up the profile either from playing or manageing top sides to be well respected at the top levels of club boardrooms.

As Brian has said, Alex McLeash would have an international reputation which I'll bet is not what you selected when you started your save.

Archived