Changing the screen settings failed...

Just playing a bit of FM07 on my old laptop and when I untick full screen it attempts to go into window mode but then says 'Changing the screen settings failed. Make sure your system supports the settings'. I then tried adding '-small_screen -windowed' to the shortcut target line but then I get a message saying 'The name ___ specified in the target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct.' Does anybody know how to fix this?

make sure the -small screen line has no spaces.... and your doing it without the ' right?

alternatively copy this exactly how it is into the target area

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2007\fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed

Right, I copied that exactly as it is into the target area and the message I then get is = The name 'C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2007\fm.exe' specified in the target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct.

This is so annoying :thdn:

without the "'s right?

just delete the spaces if there are some before -small and -windowed... or add them if that doesnt work

Mate, it just wasn't working, I tried everything you said, then I thought ok, enough is enough, it must be able to work somehow! Went and got a drink, came back up and it worked! Too my relief that is! Thanks for your answer and patience :)

Archived