sarasola - £190k

adam lallana - £2.5m

gary hooper - £1.5m

alex smithies - £1.5m

lee naylor - (loan)

Ramsey - (loan)

koffour (free)

marlon king (free)

now looking at my team you would expect me to be beating teams lower than midtable championship. yet when team is on the attack, none of them can finish...... but as soon as the opposition get the ball they just score for fun.

2-0 up on scunthorpe within first half thanks to a penalty and a O.G then within seconds scunthorpe came straight back and scored 5 , then played colchester in the league cup. lost 4-1 i have tried all differant tactics reccomended ......

ANY IDEAS :|...........

ive doen things like shorter passing, more direct passing 4-4-2 4-5-1 5-4-1 4-3-3 i know its not about buying good players but when my attacking options are

whittingham, mccormack, chopra, king, lallana, ramsey, burke, hooper you would expect to score more than 1 goal in 5 games from open play...(not including the O.G and Penalty i had against scunny)

Try and be more consistent. Not only have you bought together a new bunch of players that need time to gel you have also started playing with your tactics. A good example from my experience in the Championship comes from Middlesbrough. Top 3 after Christmas with a long unbeaten run but then a few of my loan stars left and didn't return. I signed some more players and form dipped. It wasn't until I had a settled side with only small tactical tweaks that I got back my early season form to finish second.

So my advice is pick a tactic and stick with it for 6 games and keep it fairly simple before becoming more fancy if you feel its working.

thanks guys, as i sold all my players for cash up front and bought the players for installments of 48months, i have around £4m in the bank, any ideas who i could use to strengthen, or should i keep it for january incase i need to strengthen then

Depends on what your clubs finances are like? If your struggling then I would keep the cash.

I'm sick of these threads always saying "its your tactics". Its not. Look at the career updates forums, they tend to use the same tactic all the time, so its not the tactics. Maybe the ME is causing problems but more likely you need to wait until the AI becomes dumber but its NOT your tactics.

I'm sick of these threads always saying "its your tactics". Its not. Look at the career updates forums, they tend to use the same tactic all the time, so its not the tactics. Maybe the ME is causing problems but more likely you need to wait until the AI becomes dumber but its NOT your tactics.

Yeah, so the career update people make a decent tactic, stick with it until everyone has gelled and buys/loans players that are good matches for their tactics. How does this lead you to believe that it's all sorts of problems except tactics?

Takes me minimum of 10 games to settle 4-10 new players into a team to the point where they play to my tactics, this is assuming everything goes well (no red cards or 2.9 ratings for new players/original team players dont get angry at new players ).

• SI Staff

If you're going to offload players and bring in a LOT of new ones then try and ensure you play a lot of friendlies before the season starts so they get at least a little used to playing along side each other, you'll find that initially they might not 'gel' - but be patient they'll get there (you sometimes get lucky and it just 'clicks' but often it doesn't for a while, sometimes never).

Secondly try and keep a core of older heads in the team, especially if they've been at the club for a while - that'll help keep things settled and organised, if the players you're turfing out are also the clubs more experienced/respected professionals then you can obviously expect more disorganisation and disruption than if they were players with 'potential' who had only come through the ranks recently.

PS - With loan players watch their 'attitude' and personalities also, less professional players who think their sh*t don't stink might not try as hard for a minor loan club as they might at their main team .... this isn't something which will help your performances particularly.

Got to agree with that. I've brought in a load of players at Plymouth, but one of the ones I went for straight away was veteran Paul Wotton who was Mr Plymouth until he left for Southampton in real life. My coaches said he was only leage 1 standard, but I didn't care - I wanted him to come in, play the holding midfield role, take on the captaincy and generally be a vastly experienced head and, despite technically being a new signing, a player who has been at the club for years. He was one of my best players last season despite the exciting talent surrounding him.

started off with cardiff and sold of a few players

bothroyd : £2.5m

ledley : £6m

commingues £250k

Capaldi £300k

Gypesh : £500k

kennedy : £210k

brought in

sarasola - £190k

adam lallana - £2.5m

gary hooper - £1.5m

alex smithies - £1.5m

lee naylor - (loan)

Ramsey - (loan)

koffour (free)

marlon king (free)

now looking at my team you would expect me to be beating teams lower than midtable championship. yet when team is on the attack, none of them can finish...... but as soon as the opposition get the ball they just score for fun.

2-0 up on scunthorpe within first half thanks to a penalty and a O.G then within seconds scunthorpe came straight back and scored 5 , then played colchester in the league cup. lost 4-1 i have tried all differant tactics reccomended ......

ANY IDEAS :|...........

a lot of changes there mate;)

that might take time to settle down

tactics could add to it ...and are you using the last patch:thup:

I have had it take until January-February to have that number of players gel. You should check whether your ass man is still telling you that certain players are still finding it difficult to fit in.

I also believe -- this is based on observation, not statistical evidence -- that playing the same basic tactic will help them gel faster; if you chop and change tactics you will start to upset the established players too.

From now on, try to bring in max 4-5 new players each transfer window, and max 1-2 starters.

thanks guys, as i sold all my players for cash up front and bought the players for installments of 48months, i have around £4m in the bank, any ideas who i could use to strengthen, or should i keep it for january incase i need to strengthen then

Personally I would stay away from using the 48 months as much as possible. I would only use it to bring in a needed player who's slightly above my current budget (if my fianances are good) to finish off the transfer window, and always with minimum half up front, bringing in that many players on long term instalments can lead to serious financial problems down the line.

As regards results, I would try a few trial games to settle on a tactic you like, and maybe to try out a few back-ups (for bigger teams or hard away games). I would also pick my first 11 every game possible until at least the end of October, then I would start rotating on a fitness and game basis, this gels the team better, and you have a set starting 11 for when you need it.

thanks for all the advice guys, i was only using the "patch 10.2" on the "patch 10.3" none of these players can be offloaded for the price i tried to sell them for, so i deleted the save and started a new game......thanks for all the help though guys, used all the advice given for my new team "woking" and are very sucessfull at the moment with them, currently in league 2

Archived