Something to rekindle my love for FM

I've been looking for something for a while now, to renew my love for the game, im using FM08.

could someone PLEASE suggest maybe a challenge, a team to play with or on. Maybe it could be something you really enjoyed doing, i'm just interested to hear your suggestions, i find my self starting games and quitting before the season end. I had a great dafuge challenge spell which i really enjoyed, but now im looking for something different.

I've been looking for something for a while now, to renew my love for the game, im using FM08.

could someone PLEASE suggest maybe a challenge, a team to play with or on. Maybe it could be something you really enjoyed doing, i'm just interested to hear your suggestions, i find my self starting games and quitting before the season end. I had a great dafuge challenge spell which i really enjoyed, but now im looking for something different.

I was actually going to suggest Dafuge's challange but you have already done it.

The only other thing I can think of right now is trying to take an obscure Eastern European team to Champions League glory can be good aswell.

I understand that it is very similar but I think it is more of a challenge because you would be in a country that isn't familiar to you.

I would like to have the Greek third and maybe fourth divisions because i feel taking a club up from the B national isnt very hard as all you need is one promotion and youre at the top.

I like playing as Leeds - not too high not too low, and with excellent facilities to progress.

No editing, no cheating, just get them up and into Europe.

I got a Uefa cup, 2 league cups and a Prem title by 2013 with them on the 801 database. I quit when I got a new computer because I was only running 3 leagues on the old hamster-powered one.

Or take a big club to ruin over a season. Sell all their players, get them relegated (if you get sacked sign on again and continue), and then take them over with your "real" profile. I did it with Chelsea which was a lot of fun for a few years.

Guest arrogantio

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Or take a big club to ruin over a season. Sell all their players, get them relegated (if you get sacked sign on again and continue), and then take them over with your "real" profile. I did it with Chelsea which was a lot of fun for a few years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was very disappointed that Chelsea didn't sack me when I was doing this in FM07 until several games into the Championship season...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fatboyjohnmulhern:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Athletic Club de Bilbao. You can only sign Basque players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is that true? surely not, isnt it classed as racism/pregeturism lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's true. Only Basques are allowed to play for Athletic Bilbao.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fatboyjohnmulhern:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Athletic Club de Bilbao. You can only sign Basque players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is that true? surely not, isnt it classed as racism/pregeturism lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A few Spanish teams had similar rules in place, I believe it was Real Sociedad refused to sign Spaniards unless they were Basque but were okay with signing other foreigners.

Depending on how much you like playing with a ridiculously amazing team, you could do what i found the other day.

I downloaded a database from Footballmanagerportal

where all the players in the top leagues are on free transfers. Then you have to compete to sign players with all the other clubs. I'm playing as Arsenal and my team is something like

3-4-3

Gk: Lloris

DC: Richards

DC: Ager

DC: Kompay

AML: Van persie

AMC: Agureo

AMC: Fernández

AMR: Robinho

FC: Anelka

FC: Drogba

FC: Torres

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by weeeman27bob:

Depending on how much you like playing with a ridiculously amazing team, you could do what i found the other day.

I downloaded a database from Footballmanagerportal

where all the players in the top leagues are on free transfers. Then you have to compete to sign players with all the other clubs. I'm playing as Arsenal and my team is something like

3-4-3

Gk: Lloris

DC: Richards

DC: Ager

DC: Kompay

AML: Van persie

AMC: Agureo

AMC: Fernández

AMR: Robinho

FC: Anelka

FC: Drogba

FC: Torres </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey weeman could you give me the link to where you got that database thans mate icon_smile.gif

Try to win the Champions League with Luch Vladivostok in Russia. In case you don't know they're from the far east of the country and therefore are thousands of miles from Europe. Would be pretty cool to win it with them.

Archived