How is the 'none' team talk taken?

I'm unsure how this is translated by my squad.

Is it: 'Lads, I can't be bothered to talk to you'

Or : 'Nothing to say, keep doing the same thing'

Or something completely different?

That one. When no particular team talk seems to apply, go for 'None'

I think it means both to be honest

When you are winning it means keep goin how you are lads

When you are losing or underperfoming, it means you are too angry to speak because I remember seeing it acually on FM as one of the tips it gives you on the screen that you get when you continue.

Teamtalks are absolute rubbish. This one has always confused me. How can none mean anything? There should be an option for keep doing the same and an option for so angry I can't speak. You shouldn't have to try and work out the subliminal meaning of the 5 rubbish options so you don't screw up your teams performance. They are too significant in the game in my opinion.

Sometimes, looking at the results of the "none" teamtalk, it seems tantamount to basically stripping off and proceding to slap each member of the side with your genitalia. It's about the only thing that could explain some of the shocking second half turnouts I've seen after using that team talk lol.

Teamtalks are absolute rubbish. This one has always confused me. How can none mean anything? There should be an option for keep doing the same and an option for so angry I can't speak. You shouldn't have to try and work out the subliminan meaning of the 5 rubbish options so you don't screw up your teams performance. They are too significant in the game in my opinion.

To be fair, I find most of the options pretty clear. 'None' is the only one that's a bit weird because it doesn't mean you're just standing there refusing to speak to them, but rather that you don't have anything in particular to talk about. It means 'keep it up lads' and 'keep doing what you're doing'. I agree that something less ambiguous like 'keep doing that you're doing' could be a better description.

I've used it when I was 3-0 down at HT once - came back and drew 3-3. But, then I used it before a match (because the game froze before speeding through the pre-match stuff) and ended up losing 1-0 at home to a team who are tipped to finish bottom.

For all your teamtalk needs

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=183599&highlight=teamtalk

before i read this, my interpretation of the team talks was..

expect a win - go and lose

encourage - become really lazy

pleased - become lazy

delighted - lets go to the beach while they score some goals

angry - moan alot in the media after the game

Disappointed - get really emo and lose

Pick up where you left off - carry the rest of these emo ladyboys.

you can win today! - you cant win today!

i have faith - i had faith but then i woke up.

none - did anyone see the game last night?

:D

I do "None" for start and half time team talks. For end talks I let the Ass Man do it except when he say "None", if he say "none" I usually change it to say something.

Giving a "none" half time talk has worked but I had one player who constantly complained about my half time talks despite getting the desired results.

To be honest the complainer had other issues. I refused to sell him in the summer when he wanted a new challange (I'm 2nd in the EPL) so he wasn't happy. I sold him in winter cause he was too annoying. Never had any other player complain about the team talks.

There was a good thread over in he tactics forum (think it was stickied) concerning team talks. My own opinion after reading that thread and using it as a basis of teamtalks is it's kind of like cheating. Once you know how player personalities regard certain teamtalks the game becomes too easy to win. It seems as if too much is tied to teamtalks. I'm hoping it gets fine tuned in the next patch as they game became silly for me with this knowledge of doing individual team talks.

There was a good thread over in he tactics forum (think it was stickied) concerning team talks. My own opinion after reading that thread and using it as a basis of teamtalks is it's kind of like cheating. Once you know how player personalities regard certain teamtalks the game becomes too easy to win. It seems as if too much is tied to teamtalks. I'm hoping it gets fine tuned in the next patch as they game became silly for me with this knowledge of doing individual team talks.

ive linked it 2-3 posts above :(

Sometimes, looking at the results of the "none" teamtalk, it seems tantamount to basically stripping off and proceding to slap each member of the side with your genitalia. It's about the only thing that could explain some of the shocking second half turnouts I've seen after using that team talk lol.

Any female managers have an opinion on this?

It's slightly more complicated than most people seem to be realising and hugely depends on the context of the match.

You could easily use Encourage, Don't Let Your Performance Drop, Disappointing, Angry, Pleased, Thrilled or even None when leading 1-0 at half time.

Encourage: 1-0 up, playing well, deserve to be winning by a bigger margin

Don't Let Your Performance Drop: 1-0 up, don't deserve to be leading, playing against a team you should beat with some ease

Disappointing: 1-0 having created next to nothing against a team you should be dominating

Angry: Unaccountably and undeservedly 1-0 up having been totally outplayed by an inferior side

Pleased: 1-0 up and playing well against a team you didn't think you could beat

Thrilled: 1-0 up and dominating a match against a team you thought would take you to the cleaners

None: 1-0 is a satisfactory scoreline considering the relative merits of each side and the action on the pitch

A key help for you deciding what to choose is the last line of match commentary before half-time.

Seems to work better than telling them anything.

I've noticed this as well.

I used to always use some kind of talk, because I thought 'None' was just that: nothing. But my talks never seemed to be doing any good, so I left them to my Ass't for a little while, and noticed him using 'None' a lot. I took his approach, and most of the time, it's the best option.

My approach since then has been that of using the talks only as a motivational tool. If the team is already happy and/or playing well, then there's no need for any talks, thus I use None. Otherwise, give some kind of talk.

I've noticed this as well.

I used to always use some kind of talk, because I thought 'None' was just that: nothing. But my talks never seemed to be doing any good, so I left them to my Ass't for a little while, and noticed him using 'None' a lot. I took his approach, and most of the time, it's the best option.

My approach since then has been that of using the talks only as a motivational tool. If the team is already happy and/or playing well, then there's no need for any talks, thus I use None. Otherwise, give some kind of talk.

Thats exactly the way i go about my team talks.

If none is 'keep doing what you're doing', then what is 'don't let your performance drop'?

You're telling them the same thing.

That's a good question. I've more or less got the teamtalks sussed, but it's become a bit mechanical. And the times it suddenly gives you the opposite reaction you get no explanation for it.

For example similar opposition, same scoreline at HT, give a similar teamtalk, and Player simply decides to become Nervous as opposed to Motivated like he did in the last match. There isn't enough information in some areas where it matters.

I've always loved the visual idea of the "virtual managers" approach, when I choose "none" in the team-talk.. Picture him going in to the dressing room, filled with players waiting for his words of wisdom on how to approach the second half, as he steps into the middle of the room, casually waves his hand and just walks out again..

theres really no need for team talks in a video game. if anything it adds more unrealism. do away with the team talks, its really not neccesary si

I don't agree. Team talks are a big part of a manager's job IRL. Think of the stick Sven got for not being able to motivate the England team.

The current system's over-powered and counter-intuitive and, once you've worked it out, over-simplistic but something needs to be there.

Archived