Ass Man plotting my downfall

After a number of continually successful seasons in charge of Newcastle, I was offered the Spurs job when 'Arry retired. I'm currently in my 2nd season with them, after finishing 3rd in my 1st season, but I have been unable to get rid of Kevin Bond as my Assistant as terminating his contract would cost me upwards of 3 million quid and he won't accept a new contract as a coach or 1st team coach. I stupidly got myself a touchline ban, although the ref I complained about had a shocker and I'm still positive a goal I'd conceded was blatantly offside, before realising my next game was at home to Arsenal.

I set my tactics up with Rooney in the whole, Dzeko as my target man with Pjanic and Moutinho pushing on in support, however, when I got to the match screen I see that Bond has decided to swap Rooney, Pjanic and Moutinho around. He then substituted my goalkeeper at half time (no idea why), swapped my right back with one of my central defenders, took Dzeko off and replaced him with a right winger while sticking Rooney up top by himself. Needless to say I got tubbed 3-0 and the fans complained about MY tactics. Anybody had something similar happen?

After a number of continually successful seasons in charge of Newcastle, I was offered the Spurs job when 'Arry retired. I'm currently in my 2nd season with them, after finishing 3rd in my 1st season, but I have been unable to get rid of Kevin Bond as my Assistant as terminating his contract would cost me upwards of 3 million quid and he won't accept a new contract as a coach or 1st team coach. I stupidly got myself a touchline ban, although the ref I complained about had a shocker and I'm still positive a goal I'd conceded was blatantly offside, before realising my next game was at home to Arsenal.

I set my tactics up with Rooney in the whole, Dzeko as my target man with Pjanic and Moutinho pushing on in support, however, when I got to the match screen I see that Bond has decided to swap Rooney, Pjanic and Moutinho around. He then substituted my goalkeeper at half time (no idea why), swapped my right back with one of my central defenders, took Dzeko off and replaced him with a right winger while sticking Rooney up top by himself. Needless to say I got tubbed 3-0 and the fans complained about MY tactics. Anybody had something similar happen?

I try to resist the urge to dispute the refs decisions as ive only ever had 1 experience in the F.A "refusing to comment, which indicates the manager may have had all reason to be unhappy with the refs decision"

A wee bit. My assistant swapped my strikers, so the massively tall, hench Croatian was playing as a poacher, while the short, rapid striker became target man. At half time, he took off our best performing player from left wing, moved my left back up to left wing, and put a centre half at left back. He then swapped the centre half at left back and my attacking midfielder who is comfortable but rubbish at left back, put my best striker in centre mid, and.. urgh!

Needless to say, I've watched my mouth in press conferences since.

You could try offering your assistant a coaching job. Or try offering him a contract with shorten length.

well obviously you didn't read the OP fully. try again. lol

anyway, erm, yer, all i can say is try not to go against the refs unless you got an assman you can trust, that has his preferred formation the same as you play, and even then it might not be a good idea to get into the position of having your assman controlling the team.

well obviously you didn't read the OP fully. try again. lol

Woops! True that, I suppose :D

I let my assistant handle the press conferences (he seems to be quite good at them too) and I've not had a touchline ban. I reckon blaming the ref won't lead to anything substantial other than getting one over at the FA anyway, so I don't dish out.

If i were you, its not worth commenting on decisions because they most likely will warn you or give you a ban. Then you need not worry about your Ass. Manager spoiling your team.

When i holiday a few matches he seems to do a better job than i do :o

Archived