More than 1 team?

lozy

i was just wondering whether all you football manager players play with just the one team per save or whether you have more than one manager running at a time? just when i play most of my games i tend to play with more than one manager per save! and was just seeing whether there were any others like me?

You mean creating two managers? Well, I have a friend who selects Shakhtar for example and Man City. Then he sells somebody to City for 50M euros and retires that manager))

It's a too strong opportunity for cheating, that I always avoid playing more than manager. Also it makes the game much longer and complicated.

Not something i normally do but did it recently in my espanyol save,i'm 2026 and decided to take over oxford united to test a tactic i created for espanyol,then just holiday the oxford team and attend as espanyol manager,it always confused the press as to why i kept attending oxford in league 2.

Occasionally I've added in managers to represent friends or kept them in after they've actually played. It gets tiring doing transfers and stuff for everyone (even if it only takes a fraction of the time it take to do my own given my thoroughness) so I'm unlikely to ever have more than 1 other one at a time. There is also the trend (which came up on the forum a couple of year ago) of having strong contrasts in fortunes for each one, with at least one at a time always doing rather badly. My experiences on both 09 (where I tried 3 others and all flopped at the same time I had one of the most amazing seasons ever, as well as later when I had a friend round and almost lost a strong league lead after he was sacked, though admitedly the 2 events occured/started a few weeks apart), and 10 (different friend, though one with a reputation of being the one who fails every time we do this, I still have his manager on there and there has been partial upturn in his fortunes coinciding with a slight weakening of mine) have been inconclusive on whether this still exists or is merely coincidence.

i know everyone likes to play there games differently and thats why i was just seeing what everyone else did! i have had saves with 4 managers before! i seem to get on ok and dont really notice some of my teams underperforming for the sake of others! i rarely have teams that are in the same decision but if i cant decide on one team i just have a few in my save!

I just have the one. I prefer to use FM as a kind of 'roleplaying' game, so I focus my efforts on just the one team. Plus, I find one team time consuming enough (even with FM10's much speedier processing), so I'm happy with having just the one manager active per game.

I regularly manage multiple teams. e.g. at the moment I am managing Plymouth Argyle, Hibernian and Aberdeen. Makes the game more fun for me often, plus there are so many clubs I like I can't resist. Not since the days of CM01/02 have I had 10 managers active though!!

I regularly manage multiple teams. e.g. at the moment I am managing Plymouth Argyle, Hibernian and Aberdeen. Makes the game more fun for me often, plus there are so many clubs I like I can't resist. Not since the days of CM01/02 have I had 10 managers active though!!

I'm like you glamdring. I start off with just the one, but then if a position becomes available or if I see a team I really like doing badly then I create a new manager and step in :D.

In my main FM10 save, I started as Le Havre (Ligue 2), won promotion in my first season and then secured 12th position in Ligue 1. However, during that time I've also joined Accra Hearts of Oak (Ghana) and won the League and Cup; ES Setif (Tunisia) - finishing second after going unbeaten until the end of the season; and ASEC Mimosas - where I'm currently in 1st place having assembled a squad full of fantastic local Ivorian talent.

It means that my game takes a while to progress, compared to other peoples', but when I manage just one team I get way too frustrated at not being able to sign everyone I want :o

I usually start with 2 teams aswell, then add anymore if they take my fancy! I see them all as different challenges and i prefer my saves to have more than 1 manager! At the start of a new save i almost always choose yeovil and manchester united and then go from there!

In CM days I did it very often, just wanted to play in other leagues at the same time. No cheating at all, no buying from my other teams for ridiculous fees.

I think my record was 7 teams at once, but that was a rarity. Usually it was 2 teams.

Nowadays I only ever control one at a time.

I've done it a few times, on one game I used it to sell players that I had real trouble in selling (like Bellamy), and I sold them for their value rather than making loads of money.

On another I took over three other teams (one premiership and two championship teams) so that I could make them loan my youngsters, then go on holiday with the settings set to use the same team if possible. (I could only seem to get loan offers from foreign teams with leagues that I didnt have loaded, and I read their stats dont improve like that). I know its technically cheating as it will improve my youngsters better, but hey it was more fun for me.

In CM 01/02 i often tried to manage not a team, but a league, and to try to make it one of the best leagues in the footballing world. I did that usually by playing in France, selecting the four-five bigger teams.

I then selected some other clubs from the french league (like auxerre, always lots of good players and sold their top players to the best clubs. I also bought many of the best players i knew.

During the season i managed one club or none, and retook control during transfer windows. The goal was to dominate european footbal.

Unfortunately, it never really worked: the "best" clubs were too unstable and didn't use the recruits i sent well. Plus it took too long to do. Still, it's a nice challenge, and something i'd like to try once more when SI implements dynamic league reputation!

Archived