most devastating game

which games have been the most dishartening games for you

my first one is as villa and i was playing city i went 2-0 down in 20 mins i managed to pull it back to 2-2 on 73mins but then tevez had a master stroke and i lost 4-2

my second is again as villa playing manutd i went into the second half 3-0 up but ended up drawing 3-3 with the final goal coming in extra time

Drawing 1-1 with Utrecht against PSV in the final minute of the final match of the season. Needed a win to become champions. Missed a sitter in injury time too :(

And losing in the 120th minute of the CL final against Man U :(

Thanks for bringing back those memories :(

Again as Villa, reached the Carling Cup Semi. Beat Liverpool 1-0 at Anfield, and headed back for the 2nd leg with no short amount of confidence. Set up my team to play some counter-attacking football, protect the 1 goal lead and build on it. What followed was a 5-0 capitulation that began with a goal for Liverpool inside 2 minutes. We never registered a shot on goal, and were absolutely dismantled. Gutting considering the win at Anfield, it's hard to lose but worse when you don't even turn up.

Again as Villa, reached the Carling Cup Semi. Beat Liverpool 1-0 at Anfield, and headed back for the 2nd leg with no short amount of confidence. Set up my team to play some counter-attacking football, protect the 1 goal lead and build on it. What followed was a 5-0 capitulation that began with a goal for Liverpool inside 2 minutes. We never registered a shot on goal, and were absolutely dismantled. Gutting considering the win at Anfield, it's hard to lose but worse when you don't even turn up.

that happened to me as villa in the euro cup against panathinakos 2-1 lead going into the second leg got beat 3-0

In FM05 I was managing Crewe and got them in the Premiership. I needed to win my last game of the season to avoid relegation. After 55mins(or so) I was 3-0 up against Arsenal. All of a sudden in a 5 min flurry of madness & chaos Arsenal then led 4-3 and held on.

Archived